Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dog won't run & play with this dog

This six month old puppy dog named "Turtle" wanted my dog Bella to run and play at the dog park this morning, but she just freezes and sits there. I guess she doesn't feel like having any fun. Her only defense is really just to freeze in hopes she's eaten quickly and ending the ordeal. Don't worry all I picked her up and carried her away from all the danger and stress of it all. Really none of the dogs like to play with poor Turtle as they all think he's a bit freaky looking with his size and all.

Attachments

• turtle 2.jpg
    turtle 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 106

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hes submitting to the great dane.. a wise move on his part lol, The dog parks around me they wouldn't even be together because there are 2 separate fenced in areas according to weight. Something like 30 or 40 over and under sides.

S

stefen

That puppy isn't dumb...Imagine getting a 5 lb cold nose up yur behind and you'd keep protecting it.

Dog protocol or not.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same thing when the little Mrs gets mad!!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Something running triggers a dog's predatory instincts. Sitting still does not.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same thing when the little Mrs gets mad!!
I do that when my honeybun says in a certain way... Hey! "can you come here a second" I want to talk to you?

S

stefen

I'm aware of some dog behavior such as 'Fight or Flight' when challenged by a bigger aggressive animal...in this case the puppy is overwhelmed and is trying to make himself as small as possible...

I have a Bishon that rolls over with her feet (a farm slang of tits up) in the air exposing her unprotected belly when scolded or encounters an aggressive dog...this is a submissive stance... the same as the puppy becoming a statue...

When you have the chance sometime watch a yearling colt when he encounters a stallion.

Remember a stallion will actually kill (or try to kill) any other male he encounters...Its called brio...

The colt will stand his ground and rapidly open & close his mouth...he's telling the stallion that he's a baby and to leave him unharmed.

Animals do have signals telling the aggressor to back off...or a mare kicking a stud when not in season...

When possible, its best to introduce dogs of similar size in play situations...

And if an aggressive dog comes after your small dog, do not pick it up...chances are that you will be bitten or worse.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What breed is the little one? I have a 25 pound cat. Bet he could eat the little guy quite easily. However, he is extremely gentle. He can wolf down a half can of cat food in one gulp. (after some choking)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What breed is the little one? I have a 25 pound cat. Bet he could eat the little guy quite easily. However, he is extremely gentle. He can wolf down a half can of cat food in one gulp. (after some choking)
She's known as a Morkie a cross of a Yorkshire terrier and a Maltese. She's all of 8 pounds. A 25 pound cat is a big cat. I've got a rare pink eyed cat.

Attachments

• riz pink eye.jpg
    riz pink eye.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cat. My 25 pounder is a pure bred Maine coon cat. My daughter got him for me when my BFF old cat died, he was nearly 17, was a roadside rescue. This cat's name is Little Wiley. Nothing little about him.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This cat I have was a kitty my youngest daughter had. She moved away after she grew up and I thought it best the cat stay in the home he knows over living in a big city apartment complex with her. She did get another cat and I've been left this one. When my daughter lived here this cat would have really nothing to do with me. Now I'm his best friend. He jumps up and sleeps on my lap even now. He did seem to suffer some when my daughter moved away, but he's adjusted pretty well now to her leaving him. I think he's got to be maybe 10 years old now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread