• leaves.jpg
    leaves.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 428

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Justa wonderin...our poison ivey or poison oak doesn't quite look like that pic...has too many edges..This is what ours look like. But to be on the safe side..I wouldn't sit on it either..lol

Attachments

• poison ivey.jpg
    poison ivey.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Poison_Oak.jpg
    Poison_Oak.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 379

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that plant also has thorns. poison ivy has no thorns.

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Here is some Red Baneberry I photographed last spring. Looks different than the leaves of your photo. I don't know if either of us got it right though.Identified baneberry from a website photo,just not sure...
But I got a real good dose from that poison ivy once. On my hands,arms,and down 'there'! So,I will not fail to ID poison ivy again!

Attachments

• red baneberry.JPG
    red baneberry.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 325
OP
OP
alwayslookin

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
That is a cool website about the poison ivy...guess my find is ok to "sit" on after all!!

Dave

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I always wear gloves when hunting (because I am so smart ) and then end up rubbing my face (because I am not so smart)....so I end up getting the dang stuff anyway..... :D :D
My daughter can pick it up from the air and got it real bad when they were burning a section of field where it was growing from the smoke.

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Getting it from the smoke is strange, but I know it's happens, because a friend in high school was seriously injured from inhaling the smoke from ivy in a campfire.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Wildrider,
Did you check out the pics from the section that says Hall of Fame? Gotta have a strong stomach for that part.

By the way, if you ever catch it, the absolute best remedy to clear it up literally in a matter of 1 day or less.................hit the beach and stay in the saltwater for 30 min increments. The salt water is so intense that it clears it up immediately. A heck of a lot better than swelling up, blisters, etc.

Gypsyheart, I've heard about other smoke inhalation incidents. That has got to be really miserable. Poor thing.
--Mel

borninok

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
borninok said:
Wildrider,
Did you check out the pics from the section that says Hall of Fame? Gotta have a strong stomach for that part.

By the way, if you ever catch it, the absolute best remedy to clear it up literally in a matter of 1 day or less.................hit the beach and stay in the saltwater for 30 min increments. The salt water is so intense that it clears it up immediately. A heck of a lot better than swelling up, blisters, etc.

Gypsyheart, I've heard about other smoke inhalation incidents. That has got to be really miserable. Poor thing.
--Mel

borninok

Swimming in over-chlorinated pools works as well as washing it with mineral spirits. I've used gas too as it cuts the oils, but it also dries the skin out.

Burt

Abbey

Aug 15, 2006
Eastern Shore, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery200
And Fells Naptha soap-- moisten skin just a bit and rub directly on. Cuts the oils that spread it and itch. Just learned this 2 days ago!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread