tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet my wife would leave me if she saw what you can do. You should make a career out of that. Superb job!

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I bet my wife would leave me if she saw what you can do. You should make a career out of that. Superb job!
Thanks Grant, I'm too old and slow to make a career out of it, besides I don't enjoy doing it enough.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You can sure enjoy it now, great job.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, especially that floor. Beautiful work. After you were done did you feel like it might have just been easier to have built that cabin?

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Nice, especially that floor. Beautiful work. After you were done did you feel like it might have just been easier to have built that cabin?
I do like working with logs a lot better than this, but I couldn't see paying 10K to the county where I was living for permission to build a cabin in the middle of nowhere. Plus follow their guidelines for waiting periods telling me when I could begin building, and do it within their time frame or it would cost me more.
I could go on, but will stop. Actually glad to be living where I am now.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Grant, I'm too old and slow to make a career out of it, besides I don't enjoy doing it enough.
Is that Ponderosa Pine on the floor ? One of my first summer jobs was working for a home builder. The last carpenter type job I had was in the 80's working for Overhead Door in Frisco Colorado. So RGINN when you see any of those homes built in around 1983-85 around Summit County with a garage door that has sideing that matches the whole house the odds are Tamrock did that. I remember doing one that had ripped outer logs to match the log home. The door panels weighd close to 900 pounds, so we had use very heavy tracks and big heavy balance springs to counter weight that door. I'm thinking that thing didn't last very long due to the enormous weight of those door sections.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to do trim carpentry and loved doing it for the most part. You did a great job.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Nice work there. Its the best feeling knowing u did all on your own. Now im getting motivated

sent from a sending device

Mr.Rust

Jan 7, 2016
Aalesund
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Garret pro pointer,Nokta Core, Garret Gold pan set, Guldstrøm Eldorado Special Sluicebox, Garret Retriever II, Black Ada BigFoot shovel,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap! how nice floors! what kind of wood is it ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread