tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took this last weekend. Had a fog early in the morning and the cold air turned all the moisture on all the grass, trees & bushes into tiny ice crystals. The sky is colored courtesy of smog. Today I head out to the west in to Utah via hwy 285 first. Haven't been in that part of the Rockies all year. I'm staying the hell away from that cluster fa' called I70 and all the skiers if all possible this winter. I can't see how they even enjoy skiing anymore with all the hell ya go through these days to get there. :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• frost.jpg
    frost.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
That picture emits cold...If you hadn't mentioned the smog, I would have just thought it was normal fog. You made it look good!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice pic of hoarfrost Grant,we get some nice ones next to the Conn.River here like diamonds glimmering when the sun first hits it,then..............POOF,their gone.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

coloradocav1

Jan 4, 2016
colorado
Detector(s) used
mxt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The smog is making me feel crappy last few weeks, too many people moving here lately.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The smog is making me feel crappy last few weeks, too many people moving here lately.
We'd say that very same thing in the later 1970's. Everything's boom'n on the front range. I took a job in Grand Junction maybe 12 years ago and rush hour there seemed like a ghost town over there. Due to the fact the housing prices were just about the same there as front range, I decided to not keep the job over there and that was a good thing as GJ is going into a bust with the recent drop in oil prices, plus the slowing of coal output is doing even more to the unsuitability of the western slope. I live in Boulder County and I'm digging all of the open space they've established around the county. I go there as everyone else heads to the front range mountains. Its great to experience the nature I find there in the open space lands, plus I'm finding some Indian artifact lately in an area around home. It's a new discovery for me and I'll be back looking as soon as the snow melts.

coloradocav1

Jan 4, 2016
colorado
Detector(s) used
mxt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I grew up on the bison ranch in Genesee, before all those richies put up their multi million dollar homes it was a great place to grow up. My Dad's house there was built in the 1860's as a stage stop, now that he retired it's all going down hill. like everything else. The open spaces are a good place to look. I take care of about 1000 acres of o.s. in Thornton, and I have many chances to look for stuff. Lately I've been finding bison bones,deer and stone artifacts in one spot, I'm sure this was a kill site. I will post pics soon, dang ice is hindering my searching haha. I used to live in Boulder, I know a few spots for you. The one thing I noticed close to boulder and Golden is I've been yelled at by many o greenie rei types for being off the trail. I grew up here, Im going to explore wherever the heck I want! I better not get started haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread