tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I drove on a north west route out of Dove Creek Colo. on the back roads to whats called the Lisbon valley in Utah and the area sure had a lot of deep snow that was cool looking glistening in the morning sun.. There's a copper mine out in there I visit and I then headed to Price UT. I had to stop in Moab to get a fuel filter installed as my motor was starting to choke on a poor fuel delivery. I think I had more the 100'000 miles from the last one that was changed, so I've got to know the symptoms of this old Ford PU with now over 324'000 miles on it pretty good now... I had to find a shop to do it, because you need a special tool to uncouple the fuel line, but I found a shop in Moab that got me in right a way. This time of year is a good time to visit Moab as the town was very quiet compared to the summer month and with the snow and all in the canyons makes for some spectacular scenery. The sun was sure blazing so, it wasn't all that cold during the day. Coming back to Green River UT from Price for the night the inversion sky made for some beautiful scenery from the setting sun on the Book Cliffs going south along Hwy 6 & 50. I guess more snow will be heading in to this area around 4:AM tomorrow morning, so I need to get up early to make a trip to Hanksville,UT and head back in front of this storm back to Denver tomorrow as I'm not up to traveling in bad weather on a Friday night over the Rockies.

Attachments

• dove creek 1.jpg
    dove creek 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • dove creek 2.jpg
    dove creek 2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
  • dove creek 3.jpg
    dove creek 3.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
  • dove creek 4.jpg
    dove creek 4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80
  • dove creek 5.jpg
    dove creek 5.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 85

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really cool pics!!

Thanks for posting.

Engine

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics!! You visiting the Bingham Canyon Mine?
This mine is called Lisbon Valley Copper. It's a much smaller mine then Bingham. It's like 50 miles SE of Moab.

coloradocav1

Jan 4, 2016
colorado
Detector(s) used
mxt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really Great pictures. Been wanting to go back and visit that area. Been 15 yrs.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats cool. Id sat if you were at Bingham Canyon, stop by the Concentrator. I work there. Im the Concentrate Pumping operator on crew 3.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snowing here right now and looks like traffic starting to load up pretty heavy on I70 west bound, but it is moving at least. Three day weekend, everybody go to the mountains. Vail Pass may get interesting in the next few hours. You should make it through ok tomorrow, but don't try to get anywhere in a hurry east bound on I70 after about 2 Monday afternoon.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snowing here right now and looks like traffic starting to load up pretty heavy on I70 west bound, but it is moving at least. Three day weekend, everybody go to the mountains. Vail Pass may get interesting in the next few hours. You should make it through ok tomorrow, but don't try to get anywhere in a hurry east bound on I70 after about 2 Monday afternoon.
I just got home here tonight at 8:30. I came up the Arkansas valley from Monarch. West of the Rockies I was running ahead of the storm Salida and BV was sunny. I stopped at the Grill in Leadville and then headed into the snow. Your not kidding about the traffic hitting Summit County. I can honestly say I don't think I've seen that much traffic ever West bound on 70. It's unbelievable how much traffic there is now. Just think it's only going to increase and get worse. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats cool. Id sat if you were at Bingham Canyon, stop by the Concentrator. I work there. Im the Concentrate Pumping operator on crew 3.
I've been to the Bingham pit before, but only go through the gate and over to where all the contractors offices are. Maybe next time I'll take the tour. I see a lot of folks do show up for that. That's a heck of a big hole. I think I've read the Bingham Pit and the Great Wall of China are the two man made objects that can be seen from outers space.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Shots as usual!...I recognized that old building. Been awhile since I've been through there.
Yeah!..Maybe you'll get the bug to climb back up in that cab again someday Huh?

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Yeah!..Maybe you'll get the bug to climb back up in that cab again someday Huh?
I can honestly say right now I would love to go back on the road again. Not sure what is going to happen though. My parents both have health problems, and are going to be moving from Oregon to live with me. I have to help them move in March, and not sure what kind of work I will be doing. It depends on how much help they need, and me being gone for three weeks at a time may not be a good thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions