called these turkeys in...

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
I just discovered "My Daily Snapshot" this evening. Sorry I'm so slow to catch on!
Well,I'm trying my hand at photography at least until I find a new place to hunt for treasure.
I was driving up to where I hunt turkeys and deer,when these guys were seen standing in the road. I pulled over about 20 yards from them,and they walked just out of my sight. Got my camera out,and a turkey call(wingbone),and sat at the edge of the road near my truck. They were busy gobbling at some other turkeys across the canyon there. I yelped on my call a couple of times,and here they came! They were photographed at about 20 yards with a Canon 100-400 lens. My turkey hunting ended in April when I bagged a BIG one,so these guys were safe!

Attachments

• gobblin\' fools 2.jpg
    gobblin\' fools 2.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 367

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful shot.

;) RR

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photo of Tom and company! :)

Don

OP
OP
junkdigger

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Carolina,I went to a school of professional photography in 1974-1976. But this photo was just a matter of luck! You never know what turkeys will do when THEY don't know what they're going to do.LOL

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic junkdigger, my son called one in for his niece during the youth hunt in OK, it was her first one,
that will be a great memory.
Fossis..........

cladman

Greenie
Jun 22, 2006
beautiful birds!!! now this may sound like a fish story,but once I was out in the woods here in south alabama with my Whites classic 4.It had warmed up so I took the headphones off.With the beeps and clucks from discrimination i called in two gobblers.I didn't know they were there until one of em let loose with a gobble!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread