00404.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 65

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful, nice photography.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had Pheasants around me 20 years ago, but they most likely were ate up by the Fox, Coyote and their nest were robbed of eggs by Skunks and Racoon as thier habits got smaller from all the development that's taken place. Maybe five years ago a rooster jumped up on me in the field behind me and my take was he left a private game reserve out east of everything here on what we call the Interstate 25 corridor. Not indigenous bird species, so I don't have much of a problem with their disappearance in the area. My dad said during the Great Depression he and his brothers trapped them. The dug a hole and put a stove pipe in the hole with corn kernels at the bottom. The pheasants would go in, but the slickness of the stove pipe made it impossible to get any traction backing out. They dined on a lot of cottontail, quail and what everelse you could hunt back then for dinner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Had Pheasants around me 20 years ago, but they most likely were ate up by the Fox, Coyote and their nest were robbed of eggs by Skunks and Racoon as thier habits got smaller from all the development that's taken place. Maybe five years ago a rooster jumped up on me in the field behind me and my take was he left a private game reserve out east of everything here on what we call the Interstate 25 corridor. Not indigenous bird species, so I don't have much of a problem with their disappearance in the area. My dad said during the Great Depression he and his brothers trapped them. The dug a hole and put a stove pipe in the hole with corn kernels at the bottom. The pheasants would go in, but the slickness of the stove pipe made it impossible to get any traction backing out. They dined on a lot of cottontail, quail and what everelse you could hunt back then for dinner.
That sounds like my childhood. We ate all kinds of critters.

There used to be a lot of pheasants in Oregon's Willamette Valley when I was a kid. We used to have them for thanksgiving dinner instead of turkey. Not many there now.....One theory I heard was back then when pheasants were plentiful, there were no 'possums. Then 'possums moved in and became plentiful, the pheasant's numbers declined due to the 'possums raiding the pheasant nest's. I think the feral cats have also taken a toll on them.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect framing, love your photos thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful pics. The quail and pheasants are my favorites. They still stock them here in northeastern Pa. You can tell the recently released ones. They are dumb as can be lol and still associate humans with food. They don't survive long!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread