Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went up on the divide and it was a fine day. 15 above but lots of sun and no wind. Went on down the pass and got off at the Bakerville exit where they always have these cool ice formations on the side of the cliff. Bought a new HP 15 laptop a couple of weeks ago and it has this stock winter in the mountains desktop background installed on it. I kept thinkin I'd seen that place before, and the first pic up is where they took the shot. It's on the turn out up above Arapahoe Basin ski area as you're headin up to the pass.

Attachments

• 1-19a.jpg
    1-19a.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 58
  • 1-19b.jpg
    1-19b.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 1-19c.jpg
    1-19c.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 1-19d.jpg
    1-19d.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 1-19f.jpg
    1-19f.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever see the Moose around there at A.Basin ?? I never have, but see the watch for Moose signs. Pretty blue skies up on top.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome pics :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if there's many moose over around A-Basin cause that's really not their habitat, but could be a few. There's more over here in Silverthorne and Wildernest. They come down into town there and here in Frisco and lounge around sometimes. I went out to get a moose pic one time and found one right off over by Wildernest. I had never been around a moose in my life so didn't really know the protocol but turns out they are not a very pleasant animal. After that episode I haven't really went huntin them.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're plentiful around Grand Lake these days. Indeed I don't believe they take kindly to any close inspections by humans. They've been spotted even in the Broomfield area where I live. I know I don't want to get close to any

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread