tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked the dogs on the trails to a little lake along hwy 287 in Erie, Colo. this morning. I don't normally go this way as I mostly walk them to the enclosed dog park so they can run and play. I live in a pretty heavily populate suburbia area, but the county mandated a lot of open space to enjoy. The bike and walking path runs against my back yard and from there I can walk, as I don't jog and ride a bike for miles to the various creeks, lakes and open spaces. I'm really happy they did all this so folks can get off the busy roads and enjoy the peace of nature around here, because I think I'd just die if I didn't have a good access to nature to get to quickly in all the rat race around here.. When I got to the little lake there was a group of bird watches viewing with binoculars and photographing the various waterfowl that was there on the lake today. My little camera was no match for the bazooka this one fella had, but it does a decent job at taking pictures to enjoy, plus it fits in my shirt pocket, which makes it much easier to deal with in handling two dogs on a leash. I got it to carry around for those photo opportunities that can come around at any moment. I'll bet that guy with the big lens was getting some fantastic pictures from a lens that big?. Not sure what all the types of ducks I captured, but they sure were wonderful to watch. The dogs were sure getting impatient and whiny on me as they like to keep a move on. I thought the weather was going to be getting cold real fast this morning, but it turned out to be pretty nice. I'm guessing tonight is when this winter storm, said to be coming in will arrive?? I think that's what the noisy crow up in a cottonwood was trying to tell all the birds on the water. That it was going to snow by late afternoon, so enjoy the day while you can. They live to rain on the parade of all other birds. They definitely are the rascals of the bird world.

Attachments

• walk 013016 1.jpg
    walk 013016 1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 87
  • walk 013016 2.jpg
    walk 013016 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • walk 013016 3.jpg
    walk 013016 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
  • walk 013016 4.jpg
    walk 013016 4.jpg