tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That doesn't seem very neighborly. No Trespassing signs are popping up everywhere it seems these days.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Land owners are sick of people who feel they can just go where ever they want and don't respect private property.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know. Gone are the days before signs like these when you'd just drive to the farm house introduce yourself and ask if it was okay to hunt their property. You were generally given the okay along with info on where the birds had been seen. It's sad how things have become these days.

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a pretty funny sign though! :laughing7:

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course the problem with a sign like that is that if anyone ever does get shot on the property, the jury will have a field day with it.
I can almost hear the prosecuting attorney's argument now...

While these signs might amuse gun-owning landowners, they probably fuel the gun-control crowd, and are therefore counterproductive in the long run.
On a positive note, I see the sign features an assult rifle and not something like a (broken, recalled, no fix available) Caracal C pistol.
(That might actually have encouraged trespassing?) So, kudos there.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of a generic sign that doesn't bother me. I respect signs, no need to threaten me, but I guess some folks need the extra imagery. The sign that would get my attention would be one featuring a scoped Remington 700 BDL. You can stand around in camo with an AR-15 and look bad, and create a lot of havoc, but I consider the guy with the Remington way more of a threat.

coloradocav1

Jan 4, 2016
colorado
Detector(s) used
mxt
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Completely agree! Kinda like the sign I saw once that said "Don't bother running, you'll only die tired" with a pic of a sniper rifle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread