Into the sun

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Took this about a month ago and didn't care much for it. I always have problems shooting directly into the sun. I just went back to the raw files and made five copies of different brightness, and combined them, to make the one that looks like a painting.

Attachments

• 80807.JPG
    80807.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 66
  • hdrpaint4.JPG
    hdrpaint4.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 73

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very neat effect. I wonder what your editing program is?

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Very neat effect. I wonder what your editing program is?
I use Digital Photo professional to convert raw files to jpg. It's the editor that came with one of my Canon camera's. To make HDR's ( High Dynamic Range ) from multiple copies, I use photomatix. You can also use multiple images taken on a tripod as long as you don't move or change anything except exposure.

Photomatix is available on line only. It's a free download for trial, but their watermark will be on your pictures, unless you want to purchase it. Then it's about 100.00, and they send you a key to keep there watermark off. Then it's yours forever.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I use Digital Photo professional to convert raw files to jpg. It's the editor that came with one of my Canon camera's. To make HDR's ( High Dynamic Range ) from multiple copies, I use photomatix. You can also use multiple images taken on a tripod as long as you don't move or change anything except exposure.

Photomatix is available on line only. It's a free download for trial, but their watermark will be on your pictures, unless you want to purchase it. Then it's about 100.00, and they send you a key to keep there watermark off. Then it's yours forever.
I might add that there are many ways of using photomatix. This is only one.... I use it as a tool to enhance some landscapes without it appearing to be HDR.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes you wish you were an eagle.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate to that statement Grant. When I was younger, hang gliding was my passion. I have flown with hawks and eagles, and no way to describe the feeling.

I bet, but I don't think ill ever give a lot of consideration to that activity. I worked with a fella that busted his arm up hand gliding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions