Defiance!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around 10am this morning we were ready to go out the front door shopping and two deer were feeding on oak leaves at the edge of the street. Now, these deer showed up about two weeks ago, and started to wipe out my flower beds, so soap shavings applied every few nights has held them in bay.

But now even with the grass be cut next door and other suburbia noises in the neighborhood, nothing seems to be stopping these daytime deer from browsing on our flowers.

We were eating lunch just before 1 today and in my backyard there was this one doe eating my neighbors flowers she has around her bird bath. I snapped two photos of her as she crossed my property heading towards the stream.

You would think with all the growth in the woods they would not venture into yards in the middle of the day, but I guess they have adapted over the years and found cultivated gardens and flower beds to their liking.

Oh, I have lived here since 1972 and I believe I never even saw a deer on my property until the late 1980's. Now, they are common and nothing really has changed much development wise, so it just must be they saw greener grass. :)

Don

Attachments

• Defianant Deer.jpg
    Defianant Deer.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 242

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Don, how far away were you when you took that shot? I am curious because UPS is traveling around the country with my new camera >:( that you gave me the recommendation to buy, thanks again for the good advice. I can't wait to get it!

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Don, how far away were you when you took that shot? I am curious because UPS is traveling around the country with my new camera >:( that you gave me the recommendation to buy, thanks again for the good advice. I can't wait to get it!

Well, I hope UPS delivers it on Monday! The first shot was thru my front window glass, zoomed 12x I believe and about 50+feet away, the next two photos were zoomed, maybe not 12x but close and was shot from my 2nd floor window down to the side yard about the same distance, maybe 50 feet.

This attached photo is a good example of how good the zoom is on this Canon, Normal view, 12x Optical zoom and then 4x Digital Zoom, all hand held, Image Stabilization is great......

Don

Attachments

• boatzoomtest.jpg
    boatzoomtest.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 225

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darn nice pics...What model Canon....?????????

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC_hunter said:
Darn nice pics...What model Canon....?????????

Canon S3 IS just being replaced this month with Canon S4 IS ( Image Stabilization) Macro, Super Macro, 12x Optical Zoom and 4x Digital zoom.

With the new camera coming out I am sure the price is dropping.

Reviews from this site are good on knowing what it is all about.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/s3is.html

Don
Code:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread