Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was trying to come up with a good graphic for a calling card to leave when I door knock and no one is home
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457837575.019976.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks Great! :notworthy:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks cool!! I like it!

Sometimes I way over think things, It might make a difference what's on the graphic, depending on the kind of permission or deals. If asking for free permission? They might be scared by the graphic. Thinking they are losing out.

If splitting? That looks like a good ad, it would make me want you to detect, hoping you would find that stuff for a split!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it goes without saying "I find treasure"

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the pic for it's beauty, but not for a calling card. Why get them hyped up :dontknow: They will believe coins like those will be on their property? When I make cards, they will be plain jane with a B&W Logo, and will not mention treasure. JMHO

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I love the pic for it's beauty, but not for a calling card. Why get them hyped up :dontknow: They will believe coins like those will be on their property? When I make cards, they will be plain jane with a B&W Logo, and will not mention treasure. JMHO
I agree, that is a really cool picture, but may get the home owner excited, and want you to come and find their treasure for them. Or maybe decide to keep everyone away, because someday they may get a metal detector, and find it themselves.

Last edited:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, that is a really cool picture, but may get the home owner excited, and want you to come and find there treasure for them. Or maybe decide to keep everyone away, because someday they may get a metal detector, and find it themselves.

May as well include that you will split it all 80/20 on the card. Guess who gets the 80%.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the card in and of itself but my take on it if I were a homeowner and saw all those purdies the idea would pop into my head that my yard had the potential for some great treasure finds when if I didn't give them a heads up like that they would be more willing to let me look later without getting any notions.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put some car keys on it. I use to sell jack hammer points & chisels to all the tool rental stores in five states. Some of rental yards kept budget metal detectors in their fleet, especially in the ski resort towns. They'd tell me they could average $800 to $1000 bucks return out of a $80.00 metal detector every ski season from folks losing their keys in the snow. Never need to worry about someone running off with it either as you had to put down $80.00 deposit and leave a copy of your drivers licence. I'd say if your a frequent skier you'd be wise to keep a budget MD in the trunk. Never know you might just find a gold bracelet someone else lost looking for your keys that would cover the cost of the whole trip.

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally, I feel the graphic is too dark and cluttered.
A single coin would get the point across just as well, and would also avoid unnecessarily raising expectations as to what might actually be found (if anything).
Come to think of it, maybe you should show a few pull-tabs and roofing nails too. :laughing7:

I would avoid trying to "negotiate" the deal on the card - it just brings up too many questions.
All you're looking for at this point is for the homeowner to reach out to you - you can explain / negotiate the rest later.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the color saturation makes it look like an ad for treasure from a Playboy magazine from 1981. Like the ad on the opposing page should have a dude with a Tom Sellek mustache in a vest smoking a camel cigarette. : )

Aesthetics aside, I'm inclined to agree with the other sentiments folks have expressed. Simple graphics, maybe with a nod to your ethics or that you can provide references?

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, Ok...I took your suggestions and decided to go with this instead...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457917446.417453.jpg

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With due respect, I disagree with # 13. "You lose it, I will find it." Sounds good to me.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How bout "I believe I lost these items in your yard, please call me if you find them." Kidding. It is a nice pic.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all! You all gave some very good advice. Sometimes the slightest thing can make the difference in a permission or not. My hunting buddy and I have had many conversations about little changes here and there. My old card was a patriotic one and I probably will go with that theme again.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pic and great idea. I would not do it however, not for me. When I go get a permission and then flaunt one fired civil war bullet to the owner and go on how great it was finding that bullet and a horseshoe, they think I'm a little goofy and wasting my time. And two years later I'm still digging eagle buttons and plates. If the property owners see something like this, I think you would be perceived as someone who will come on their property and take out VALUABLE items. Unless you use this as a 50--50 split dig. Then they may follow you around like a new puppy, in case you cheat.

Someone once asked me to help find a 10k diamond ring. She followed me around for an hour to make sure I wasn't cheating. I did not find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread