Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the products my company produces has a famous spokes animal lol. I can say that many humans don't have it as well as those horses probably do.

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
I have spent many hours of my life in the fields with my Draft Horses and Mules. It is great and beautiful being out there on spring mornings working your land with horses and mules and getting to smell and watch nature waking up. It is so much more enjoyable then working a big stinky diesel or gas tractor that keeps packing the ground down. Just one mans opinion.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have spent many hours of my life in the fields with my Draft Horses and Mules. It is great and beautiful being out there on spring mornings working your land with horses and mules and getting to smell and watch nature waking up. It is so much more enjoyable then working a big stinky diesel or gas tractor that keeps packing the ground down. Just one mans opinion.
Sounds like a good life to me. I thought it be interesting to get an old mine and equip it with the machinery and methods used in the 19th century as a tourist mine with live animal traction to demonstrate how it was done in the past. We have a few old mines set up for tourist out here and they're very popular with the tourist. Once we were sent an old 1903 pneumatic Ingersoll Rand rockdrill from the University of Reno Nevada school of mines to see if we could make it go. It had old leather seals and we found some modern seals that would fit and got the thing running. They wanted to run and demonstrate it to visitors on how it was in the past. This is a scan from a tunneling book of mine published in the 1940's that still covered animal use in underground excavation, though the electric tow motors were the norm by this time.

Attachments

• animal spec's in mining.jpg
    animal spec's in mining.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 50

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
There is a Mennonite Grain Mill in KY that is completely powered by Draft Horses and also there is a Amish Sand Stone Quarry in IND that is completely powered by Draft Mules. LB per LB Draft Mules can start and pull a lot more weight and longer then Draft Horses. If your mules love you they have a lot more heart then horses and they are easier keepers.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! They were down here in Baton Rouge for the St. Patrick"s Day parade!! GORGEOUS Animals!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! They were down here in Baton Rouge for the St. Patrick"s Day parade!! GORGEOUS Animals!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
They definitely get the 5 star treatment at this place.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imho, one of the most gorgeous mix of power, grace and beauty in the domesticated animal world. Don't know :censored: about them, but always love them. We used to have someting similar in Canada, with Calsberg and the horses were pretty well treated too. Thanks for showing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread