tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're having a blizzard here today and my dogs whine to go out, but won't when I open the back door. I think they want me to fix this weather somehow.. They enforced a chain law on all big truck in the Denver metro area which is something I've never herd of them doing before and the airport is pretty much shutdown, because they can't even get out to fuel and deice the planes. My daughter was ask to make it in to work if she can, so I took a drive in this stuff this morning and I'll need to venture out in it again to run her back her home. It's expected to end this afternoon. This storm is a real bear.

Attachments

• dump 1.jpg
    dump 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • dump 2.jpg
    dump 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that moves me to make a hearfelt comment. Haha, ha ha, ha ha ha ha! We always like it when the front range gets nailed. Seriously though, don't get out if you don't have too. Denver drivers are bad enough in the best of conditions. And to make you feel a little better, I will not be laughing much tonight, cause this pretty much means all my trucks will be late, but we will have to stay til they do show up. So looks like another 14 hour night.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! You and RGINN must live down the street from each other!! He He!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard Minnesota might get over 2 ft from this. I don't feel so bad now because I was thinking on the way home this afternoon that I should mow the grass:tongue3:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell someone it's spring already. Was 74 degrees in Maryland today, unless my car's thermometer lied.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the snow........when it is in Colorado.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! You and RGINN must live down the street from each other!! He He!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
No! Rg's a witch doctor up in the mountains. Ever now and then he'll cast a spell on the weather down here where I live. I'm sure those pot smok'n spring breakers disrupted his deep thinking, so he conjured up some powerful medicine to keep the airheads down here from going up there. I'm all for that.

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well! Well! It started to lightly rain late yesterday afternoon, and it snowed an inch overnight up here. But by this afternoon all the snow down here in the lower elevation has melted.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same here, Digger. Still too much snow in the mountains to go prospecting, though.
Jim

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the laugh turned around on me TR. When I said late, I was thinkin 4 or 5 hours. That turned out to be 24 hours with one day's order cancelled entirely. Somewhat back on schedule now though. Only good thing, I guess, was Wednesday night was the first 8 hour shift I've worked since last fall.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, this storm put a pug in on a lot of things. For me today's trash pickup will be tomorrow I'm told and I've got a sore back from digging it all out of the driveway. Guy down the street has a blade on his ATV and get's everyone's sidewalks. Well that should be it for this years big snow storm I'm thinking?. There's another moving in for tomorrow, but it's only good for 2 to 4 inches they say. This last one dropped 24 inches in a short period of time.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that moves me to make a hearfelt comment. Haha, ha ha, ha ha ha ha! We always like it when the front range gets nailed. Seriously though, don't get out if you don't have too. Denver drivers are bad enough in the best of conditions. And to make you feel a little better, I will not be laughing much tonight, cause this pretty much means all my trucks will be late, but we will have to stay til they do show up. So looks like another 14 hour night.
It's a love / hate thing with Denverites! Love it when work calls a snow day. Hate it when all the fools forget how to drive in the snow after last winter. "4 wheel drive don't mean 4 wheel stop!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a love / hate thing with Denverites! Love it when work calls a snow day. Hate it when all the fools forget how to drive in the snow after last winter. "4 wheel drive don't mean 4 wheel stop!
Tell me about it. I think it be kind of fun to be a tow truck driver on days like this and explain what really happened in their situation. A lady rammed me on ice this winter and she was all like it was her vehicles fault. She said it just wouldn't stop. I wasn't anything bad and no need to report, but I had my chance to explain what the FA! really happened and I didn't call her mam. I let her have a real piece of my mind in explaining the real truth of the matter. I put it to her as this happened because you where going to F'n fast on a slick road because your just a F'n dumb A-word B-word. You don't leave enough room between you and the car in front with bad road conditions like today and that's how it was I didn't ram into the car in front of me. I said to her if I was married to a dumb F'n B-word like you, I'd take you up in the hills and drop your A-word down an old mine shaft. She went back to her Lexus SUV looking like she was going to cry and said to me FU A-word hole and slammed her door shut. I did over react a little much, but that just Po'd me with her thinking it was the fault of her vehicle that caused the issue. In a way I kind of believe the auto manufacturers are fault from the commercial they advertise as they show their product as unstoppable in bad weather as though you'll be able to overcome mother nature with their new vehicle. It's such BS and they know they're playing on the minds of foolish people in making such claims, but what do they care if someone kills someone else in their brand new unstoppable Quattro. At least the the alcohol commercials mention to "drink responsibly" I think the car companies need to do the same and stop peddling false claimed to dopes with more money then brains.

Last edited:

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family love the snow the skiing has been awesome. Too sore to go out downhill, maybe crosscountry. It should be manditory to have good tires:)

TreasureJeff77

Mar 12, 2013
Eagan
Detector(s) used
350 GTA Garrett, ACE 250, ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard Minnesota might get over 2 ft from this. I don't feel so bad now because I was thinking on the way home this afternoon that I should mow the grass:tongue3:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459125863.087902.jpg
We got 8 inches! It's all melted again time to get back out there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread