Gypsys Garden

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Gypsy's Garden

The girls and I have been busy working on our potting shed ,revamping it so all of our "great junk" can be displayed inside. We just finished digging out an area for a little pond and waterfall ,hence the pile of rocks. This past week we used all of our scrap lumber and built the little porch on and yesterday started roofing it. Kids are having a blast helping out and have turned the attic into a play loft. We will update our progress as we go....but we are sure having a blast working on our little garden area.

Attachments

• Potting Shed.JPG
    Potting Shed.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 589
  • Building the pond.JPG
    Building the pond.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 580
  • Made My own rock fence with finds.JPG
    Made My own rock fence with finds.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 595
  • Rock bed West.JPG
    Rock bed West.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 583
  • Garden.JPG
    Garden.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 597

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Re: Gypsy's Garden

Somewhere some archy just had a total heart blowout over your new "rocks". LOL

I was speaking with a museum curator last week, and he was very interested in all my porcelian pick ups... LOL

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

What a beautiful job! I wish I was handy like that, I just don't know where you find the time to do so much!! Keep us posted!

vicki

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Thanks Guys...We are adding a front porch on the other side also and making it look like an old general store. The hardest part was learning how to operate the saws-all without killing myself. Had to cut all the doors and windows in.
Almost forgot to add the most important part of my garden....LOL

Attachments

• veggies.JPG
    veggies.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 529
  • veggie 2.JPG
    veggie 2.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 527

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Wow, Great garden! Can you tear down rotten decks? If so, come tear mine down and redo my garden while you're there!! ::)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Nice job Gypsy, looks like the family is gonna have plenty of veggies this fall! I wondered why you hadn't been posting much lately- :)

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

I love it! You have been a busy girl. Did I hear the word "lazy" somewhere here? You girls are talented, thanks for sharing!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Beautiful job Gypsy! Everything is just perfect! You guys are obviously multitalented!!

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Took the other photos this morning....83 at 7 a.m.........now its tornadoes and flash floods....just finished putting every bucket, trash can and tub out in the yard to save the water....its been dry for too long

Attachments

• Flood001.JPG
    Flood001.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 481

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

Daggone it, Gypsy! Guess I will have to amend what I said on the CTH thread..............Not only is she pretty, but she can cook, she can sing, she can metal detect, she can do historical research...........but, now she can carpenter, garden, be a weather "person", and..........................ok, ya want the Nobel Peace Prize next?? ;D ;D ;D

As I said before, Gypsy, you rock! And, you also got the girls to help you. Now that does take talent! You have my respect.
--Mel

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When do you have time to sleep? Lord you would work a good man into the ground. See Borninok I told you she is the greatest since slice bread. ;D
Burdie

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gypsy & Girls,

Pretty as a picture. Gosh, look at the pole bean hamper...seems the last time I saw one was when we were raising pole beans for the market.

Everything's so neat & orderly...can't wait to see the interior.

;) RR

T

TreasureTales

That's a great garden "shed." Looks more like a quaint country guest house. Your vegetable garden is perfection in dirt. I love it! You and your girls have inspired me to get my yard cleaned up. Can't grow veggies under all the trees here, but can make things look neater. So thanks for the inspiration! Wishing you a bumper crop of veggies, treasures, and happy times with your daughters.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Good job, C + M + C ;)
You have anything planted in the little boots?
doncha just love gardening?.....i always have.
enjoy the growing season :-*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread