tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was broke down for two nights in Buena Vista Colorado for two nights waiting on parts for my truck. The first night I walked up town to have dinner and saw an old friend coming out of the Green Parrot bar who he took ownership of back in 1983. He and I carpooled to work and had a lot of laughs back then and got to share a few more laughs still after 33 years, I was good to see him and his wife. On the day the shop was working on it I had time to walk around the old neighborhood I lived at in the early 1980's. I rented an old resort cabin that was backed up by Cottonwood creek that runs through the town. The cabins I lived in were maybe built in the 1910's or 20's ? but I see they're all torn down now and a couple of newer homes now fill the lots the six cabins once sat on. There were these big boulders set halfway in the grounds I use to catch air off of with my old 1976, 360 Yamaha Enduro that were still there. It's a very peaceful neighborhood now that us party hard miners are all gone and a place more for the rich and their second and third vacation homes. If only I was wise enough to buy something back when the mine shut down in this town, I'd a come out pretty dang good I'm thinking?. Oh! well things turned out pretty good real estate wise for me here in Boulder county and the market is so hot the homes in my neighborhood are selling over asking price within hours of being listed. I do have a lot of open space that's around me to get away from the hustle and bustle of this area, so not all is so bad, but this old neighborhood in Buena Vista is just beautiful with the old trees and many kinds of birds singing and deer walking in your yard.

Attachments

• old neighbourhood 1.jpg
    old neighbourhood 1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 73
  • old neighbourhood 2.jpg
    old neighbourhood 2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 70

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pics but 76 yamaha 360 crazy old bike very fast. I had its rival a TM 400 screwsuki

i

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pics but 76 yamaha 360 crazy old bike very fast. I had its rival a TM 400 screwsuki

i
I use to have this very bike when I was 16 or 17?... Ya! know what it is ??... It had a distinct CC and name to follow. My was built in 1968 and dang do I wish I kept that thing. With my 125 pound butt on that thing it was fiercely frick'n fast.

Attachments

• 238.jpg
    238.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 65

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That second pic Quacks Me up.:laughing7:

I had a 305 Scrambler,couldn't kill it.

GOD Bless

Chris

402276713.jpg

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one looks pretty damn load Chris. I had a 74 super glide with drag pipes and my mother told me to stop pulling it up in the driveway and park it in the street when I came over, because it rattled all her China in the cabinet when I started it up again. The 305 scrambler was a neat looking bike. I'd like to find a good deal on one of those or an old 450 black bomber.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
We had a LEO in town that carried a broom stick in his cruiser,it had better not go to far up the exhaust pipes,he loved writing tickets for excessive noise.:tongue3:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first come to this part of the country not long ago, and made it down to BV and just drove around town, lookin at the houses and yards, one question I had was 'Does the Colorado DOW allow these people to keep deer as pets in their yards?' Turns out they weren't pets, they were wild, and they were everywhere, even in the day time. Maybe they should allow try that 'OIT' to keep deer away: Irish Spring soap bars in nylon hose hung from trees.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first come to this part of the country not long ago, and made it down to BV and just drove around town, lookin at the houses and yards, one question I had was 'Does the Colorado DOW allow these people to keep deer as pets in their yards?' Turns out they weren't pets, they were wild, and they were everywhere, even in the day time. Maybe they should allow try that 'OIT' to keep deer away: Irish Spring soap bars in nylon hose hung from trees.
Those deer in BV are unbelievable these days. They weren't as thick in town as today when I lived there. The caricature of folks that moved in after us miners all moved out no doubt started feeding the deer I think. That way they can brag to all their friends back home about all the deer that just live in the yard of their cool home in the mountains. Folks were way to serious about their gardens when I lived there. You'll get a ticket from the BV cops if they find out your feeding them now days my buddy told me.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was down there today lookin around BV and there they were in the yards. Shoulda got a pic. They're thick all around there so maybe it wasn't feeding them that increased the population. Maybe lack of natural predators and less hunting. Even the ones we saw down around Mt. Princeton weren't too afraid of us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions