• day 2 new camera 002.JPG
    day 2 new camera 002.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 190

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
COUNTRY GRIL Can you tell me how to post picture on treasurenet? I cant seem to figure it out. THANKS DHG

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics, I was out practicing with mine again a few minutes ago.

Don

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second pic was out of focus because you probably focused on the birds, instead of focusing on the middle of the lake, then moving the lense down to where the swans were. If you focused in on the birds, the camera will sometimes try to focus on the shoreline because it's so close to where the birds are (in the picture) in the water.
I used to do the same thing alot when I first got my camera... ;)

Bran <><

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks for the advice I'll try that next time.

Maybe Don can correct me if I'm wrong. I did the 12x optical with the 4x digital on that 2nd shot and was told the pic would come out a "little" fuzzy unless you used a tripod. It needs to be perfectly still to be perfect?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah CG, that's true. Once you pass up your optical and go into the digital zoom, it will be a bit on the fuzzy side without a tripod. I guess unless your camera has digital stabilization, which I know some of the newer ones do... mine sure doesn't! lol

Bran <><

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful swans...love em. I don't have any...gator bait.

;) RR

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Beautiful ! I have twenty three that land in my bay every fall. Same group for past ten years.Someone must have lost a mate. We also have a swan that hangs around for the summer. Must have been hurt somehow. The girls have put seed down for him and he doesnt seem to be afraid.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Thanks for the advice I'll try that next time.

Maybe Don can correct me if I'm wrong. I did the 12x optical with the 4x digital on that 2nd shot and was told the pic would come out a "little" fuzzy unless you used a tripod. It needs to be perfectly still to be perfect?

Since the camera has Image Stabilization, the little fuzziness is more likely from the 4x gital portion and not the shakey holder. But it could be a little of both. All manuals will say the same thing I believe, that digital zoom will be more grainy. In the sample of zoom that I posted earlier, no tripod and the third shot which was 12x with the 4x digital zoom is rather clear, you can read the numbers and letters on the registration of the boat. Only slight distortation considering the great distance of the photo. (speaking of the boat on the lake one).

ADDED: I do agree that your camera must have been focused on something else and not the swans when you shot, just a tad off. :)

It is just super that a camera that was not expensive can have the 12x zoom with the Image Stabilization, both features opens up a whole new world for me for shooting photographs.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
CarolinaDigs said:
CG what a great pic ! Is that the River or a Pond ?

CD it's a river. The Conneticut river, they hang out near the damn or up in the cove. I have take several pictures of them over the years.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
River, oh no...........no gators here, thank goodness.

Gypsy, since the river dosn't freeze over like it did years ago, they tend to hang around in the winter. Several geese and ducks too. They SAY the river not freezing has nothing to do with the Nuculear plant up river? Except a judge just put an order out saying they can not dump WARM water into the river anymore. Maybe it will freeze up this winter?

Bran, Don, I didn't think it was that bad, I was in a big hurry, so I shot and ran. When ya gotta go ya gotta go. ;) I'll try again for ya.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it's *especially* good if you shot that while running?! I wasn't trying to be critical or anything, just trying to pass on some stuff I've learned with my own camera since I got it. ;)

Bran <><

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swans are always nice - down here in Australia ours are black

Attachments

• blackswan.JPG