tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather report says a big snow storm is on the way here in the Denver Metro and front range. What do ya do before is all hits? Ya go to the store and buy up as many eggs as you can I guess :icon_scratch: The place was a mad house... I heard folks walking by, saying :AWWWW, "they're out a eggs" - What a Bummer :( I got enough eggs at home, but I should have just asked the store if I could have the ugly cartons because that's all that was left and no one wants those.

Attachments

• eggs 1.jpg
    eggs 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
  • eggs 2.jpg
    eggs 2.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 79

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 8 chickens, and I need those cartons!
Fresh eggs are sooooooooo good!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People always get stupid before something bad is supposed to happen. If a major incident ever really does happen, the stores will be raided like a riot, and then things will really get ugly in about 3 days.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were allowed to have 5 hens I think here in town?. I was out in the back yard once and the neighbors before had chickens. I heard all the chickens in they're yard making a big ruckus and I thought maybe a cat was after them. When I looked over the fence and down in the corner of the cedar fence a hawk had herded them all in that corner of the fence. That hawk looked up at me and then flew up and perched himself right next to my head and looked me in the eye a second or two an flew away. He looked like when he had the chickens in the corner he was trying to decide on which chicken to kill first. They were pretty freaked out all huddled together in the corner with no chance of getting around that hawk to escape.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People always get stupid before something bad is supposed to happen. If a major incident ever really does happen, the stores will be raided like a riot, and then things will really get ugly in about 3 days.
That's my plan is to just join up with all the other raiders. This happens a lot now around here. It's real funny when the weather folks make an error on the weather. Now it looks like the clouds are breaking up.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Did an egg shipment get delayed? Has there been some sort of egg scare in your area? Is it only in one store or all in the area?

Have seen the shelves like that on occasion up here. Not that unusual, actually. And usually, the store workers have no idea why a shipment has been delayed - only when the next shipment is "supposed" to arrive.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's bread and milk here. Don't think I have seen an egg drought yet.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
this blows my mind. The only time we have a mad house here is if beer goes on sale or a SPURS player shows up for a meet and greet. Amazing, a run at the store.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
The small-town area we live in hasn't grown much in population, but the people that are moving in must be coming from some pretty aggressive areas. The entire atmosphere of shopping has drastically gone downhill just in the past 3 years. People are shopping, but they'll run you over in the isles. People park their carts in the middle of the isle, or on one side while they shop on the other side. There's little consideration for other folks anymore.

Also, there have been a few threads recently that have described how bad people can get at estate sales, consignment stores, auctions, etc. That same type of inhospitable change is making its way all over town; grocery stores, restaurants (what few there are), driving, even the public library. The old-timers of the area are still good, just getting frustrated with it all. ...Probably a 15% - 20% increase in population in the past 3-4 years and the shopping landscape seems to have been changed forever. It's sad - very sad.

Example - how many times have you seen two or more people wanting the last of an item on the shelf, and then argue over who gets it? Just shop a while - more stock will soon be on the shelves!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm up at 5 this morn and there was no major snow storm :icon_scratch: Just a light drizzle and it didn't even get down to a freeze as the weather people said it would. It's a false report and I'm sure the weather folks will be telling us all how lucky we all are that this killer storm has somehow changed it's coarse and we were all spared of the devastation it was to bring upon us. Well at least some folks will have plenty of eggs and what ever the heck they thought they'd be needing for survival. I got my bag of potatoes at least, so mama can make a roast on Sunday.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did an egg shipment get delayed? Has there been some sort of egg scare in your area? Is it only in one store or all in the area?

Have seen the shelves like that on occasion up here. Not that unusual, actually. And usually, the store workers have no idea why a shipment has been delayed - only when the next shipment is "supposed" to arrive.
It was complete pandemonium in the store. At the end of the day the weather went from being pretty mild to dark clouds and blasting wind and I'm sure that got many people freaked out. It was the 5 o'clock rush hour and the weather reports were forecasting a big ass storm and so before everyone when home they thought they better hit the grocery stores first I'm thinking and get what they'd need to get through this major event about to hit. It was a small panic that took place and in the store it was a mad-house. The people around here aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Back during Y2K my daughters violin teacher and her husband were convinced that was going to be the end of it all. They sold their home and bought a cabin up in around Cotopaxi Colorado way back in the sticks. They really paid the price for that paranoia. They loaded up with all this survival food and waited for the end to come in there little safe haven. Y2K came and went just as I thought it would and be just another day. Those people had no money left after all that and they couldn't afford to buy a house like they had after they blew all they had on the fear factor that overtook their lives. They could even sell the place they bought for as much as they paid and lost even more on the fears of that time.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think eggs would be on my list of survival needs in the food area. Would have to go with items that will not spoil. Potatoes was a good choice. Did they raise the price of everything in the store?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha! Our egg section looks like that at the end of the day during ski season. But it is full every morning. I don't see that sort of panic buying here in the mountains cause we function a little better in winter conditions. They get 8 inches of snow on the Front Range and the whole place shuts down, if we got 8 feet here it would slow down for a couple of days anyway and that's about it. kcm you have not seen anything until you have shopped in a grocery store in a ski resort area during ski season after about 4 p.m. It's a wonder there aren't a few homicides committed. By employees and customers. If you ever visit the high country during ski season and need groceries, best time to go is early in the morning when they first open. Last hour in the evening before they close is good crowd-wise, but your selection may be limited.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
kcm you have not seen anything until you have shopped in a grocery store in a ski resort area during ski season after about 4 p.m. It's a wonder there aren't a few homicides committed.

I beg to differ. Wife and I got stranded in Arkansas last winter after an auto accident. Spent 4 months in ....well, I'll be nice - I'm sure there are other MANIACS from ARKANSAS on here. :tongue3: Anyway, there were weather notices, warnings and watches due to some ice. These warnings and watches came for 3 days straight! The morning that it was supposed to be ice - and they were only mentioning "patchy ice", not an ice storm(!!), probably a little over 1/2 the town just shut down. People called in sick and businesses shut their doors before the bad weather even had a chance to get there! Anyway, every grocery store in town was sold out the day before "The Big Event"! ROFL Donald Duck - Copy.gif

As my dad had recently passed away, we had other things we had to do. Went as saw Mom in the nursing home, went to grocery store, and as traffic was nearly non-existent, did all our other running around as well. It was amazing how freaked out people were about just the "threat" of ice!! ROFL - Copy.gif

I'm originally from SE Texas. We'd get a hint of snow about once every 7 years or so. Now in NW Minnesota. Not a lot of black ice usually, but can get pretty dang slippery when the snow-turned-to-ice on the roadways starts melting. But we just don't stop. ...Then again, we don't have the hills/mountains of the Ozarks and the Rockies, either. ...If you see someone driving slow in good, clear weather, that might be us. Please don't honk TOO much!! Read a Map (Follow Directions) - Copy.gif

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The morning that it was supposed to be ice - and they were only mentioning "patchy ice", not an ice storm(!!), probably a little over 1/2 the town just shut down. People called in sick and businesses shut their doors before the bad weather even had a chance to get there! Anyway, every grocery store in town was sold out the day before "The Big Event"! View attachment 1301228

We had an Ice Storm a couple of years ago. FEMA had to come in. But those are far and few but it only takes one to see what a big Ice Storm can do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread