Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hawk bones from yesterday. DSCN0493.JPG

This C-5 Galaxy is huge,Westover AFB is just up the road we're right in the flight landing path,these things are so big they look like they are flying slow enough to fall out of the sky.
DSCN0521.JPG Size comparison. Boeing_C5_Galaxy_C-130_Hercules_and_F-18_Comparison_Size.jpg

A nice eagle shot except for that branch,and I dang sure ain't going to move it.

DSCN0500.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Hawk bones from yesterday. View attachment 1301807

This C-5 Galaxy is huge,Westover AFB is just up the road we're right in the flight landing path,these things are so big they look like they are flying slow enough to fall out of the sky.
View attachment 1301809 Size comparison. View attachment 1301817

A nice eagle shot except for that branch,and I dang sure ain't going to move it.

View attachment 1301818

GOD Bless

Chris

They do look big from the outside. But even bigger from the inside with an impressive thrust for take off. I have only flown with them a few times, but each time they where empty. I never got to see one really full.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
They do look big from the outside. But even bigger from the inside with an impressive thrust for take off. I have only flown with them a few times, but each time they where empty. I never got to see one really full.

Things get touchy in foreign nations and flight after flight some days.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have seen a few C5's on approach and takeoff. They do look like they are defying gravity. Funny you mentioned that branch WT. Yesterday afternoon, I passed one of the nests I watch and wondered to myself just how much effort it will take to do some selective pruning in the huge sycamore that holds it this fall. A mental pic of my obituary stating I died falling out of the tree quickly erased that though.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I forgot to mention the first pic of the remains in the tree reminds me of one of the spots we have always taken the dogs to walk. The trees are decorated with skulls, spines and some fur remnants because we take them away from the pooches and have to hang them up out of their reach:laughing7:. People probably think there is a Satanic cult in the area lol.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I forgot to mention the first pic of the remains in the tree reminds me of one of the spots we have always taken the dogs to walk. The trees are decorated with skulls, spines and some fur remnants because we take them away from the pooches and have to hang them up out of their reach:laughing7:. People probably think there is a Satanic cult in the area lol.

It was on the ground,I'm thinking something small gnawed the meat off the bones.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics. I went up to the nest at Heeney yesterday but nobody home. I did see one bald eagle flyin along the river but no chance for a pic. Last year eagles took over an osprey nest north of Silverthorne, right along the highway, with a convenient pull out beneath it. However, once the eagles moved in DOW went out and put up barricades and no more parking anywhere close.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread