Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An old school friend has been posting pics of dogwoods and redbuds on Flickr. She still lives in our hometown in Kentucky and they have an earlier spring. Yesterday, I finally saw dogwoods blooming here on the way home and so I decided to get some pics. I thought the baby pine cones were pretty cool too. The Cardinal was sitting in a tree across the road from the house when I got home and I couldn't resist it either. I have been taking a DSLR course at the community college and the instructor taught us about selective focus in our pics. I thought the birch trees came out pretty good using his instructions. Thanks for looking!
IMG_1552.jpg IMG_1553.jpg IMG_1557.jpg IMG_1520.jpg IMG_1521.jpg

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring is in full swing there. Isn't it beautiful how the trees and flowers rejuvinate after a long winter. Aren't those Cardinal's beautiful! Wish we had them up here in Mt.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you OD. The cardinal was our school mascot so I have a certain affection for them. There was a blue jay sitting on the branch above the cardinal when I first saw them, but by the time I changed lens, he had hopped up further in the tree and pics weren't good of him. Would have probably been a very good one if he had cooperated.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks WT. Hopefully the pics I post here will get a little better now, lol. I shot that one in aperture priority which allows you to blur the background and create better depth.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How great your taking the time and investing to learn more. It looks like it's already paying off. I need to get some instructions for myself someday.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best $99 I have spent in a long time Tamrock. I hate to see the class end.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks WT. Hopefully the pics I post here will get a little better now, lol. I shot that one in aperture priority which allows you to blur the background and create better depth.

They will..Always pack that picture taker when you take a walk.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue Jays are rather rare here also, but about 6 years ago three or four came through the area. I am not sure if they are the same ones but I think that they migrate through this area, if I am lucky to see them pass through. I wish I could post a few pictures of the House Finches with their red heads, and I have seen a few cross-breds between the House finches and the gold finches. My old laptop fell and the plug in broke off and I just don't have enough $ to get another replacement. This newer laptop doesn't have the proper set up to post photo's. Bummer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread