Same Barn, different composition

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Another composition of that same barn from the other day. One is processed my normal way, and the is an over done HDR. Meaning High Dynamic Range. Made by combining multiple images of different exposures into one. Some folks don't like them but I sometimes do.

Edit: Adding another picture to try to explain the optical illusion in the first two. It looks like the sky is where the roof should be.

Attachments

• domeqc10.JPG
    domeqc10.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 59
  • domeqc11.JPG
    domeqc11.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 68
  • AAA#1.JPG
    AAA#1.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was going to ask you if you bracket your photos to do HDR before, but I forgot lol. We learned about that tonight in my final DSRL class. I wish it wasn't over. Nice pics!

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I was going to ask you if you bracket your photos to do HDR before, but I forgot lol. We learned about that tonight in my final DSRL class. I wish it wasn't over. Nice pics!
Sometimes I'll bracket them on a tripod, but usually I don't. Most times I make multiple jpegs or tiffs from one raw image, then combine them in photomatix. That's what I did here.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I better think about going to picture taking school sometime ??.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
You take great pictures Grant!....I never had any formal picture taking schooling.:laughing7: Maybe I should have, cause I'm still learning. What I have learned has been through lots of trial and error, ( Heavy on the error. ) and studying on line. There is lots of info out there.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I love HDR photography, but it's easy to get the effect using layers (blurring/sharpening and an adjusted monochrome layer).

Here's pic 3 after editing (a quick 2 minute job at work on an old program)

barn.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread