Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The town dumps the snow they clear off the streets in a couple of places and I've been hittin this one over the last few years. Always somethin. You can find lots of coins. Lots of keys. Yesterday I found a cellphone. The rosary was pretty cool. So the cellphone cost about $500, the Subaru keys about $150 to replace, and no clue what Jesus charges for the rosary, but surely $50. So about $700 dollars in finds if you want to look at it that way, but only the coins have any real value I guess. (And I'd really like to return that phone, but I have no clue about how to bring one back from the dead.)

Attachments

• 5-3dd.jpg
    5-3dd.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 5-3ee.jpg
    5-3ee.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 5-3ff.jpg
    5-3ff.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 5-3gg.jpg
    5-3gg.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 5-3hh.jpg
    5-3hh.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 95

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy moly!. Must be an indication of massive amount of people there in the winter time. Keep looking some rich lady may have lost her diamond studded Cartier bracelet in the snow ??? I got to visit the Crazy Horse monument once for free because the company I was with made a donation of rockdrill bits and steel I delivered. All the faces of Mount Rushmore will fit on the arm of Crazy Horse. It's that huge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Crazy Horse thing was pretty cool to find I thought. I know where a $5,000 dollar engagement ring was lost, and it is most likely still there where they pushed the snow to the end of the parking lot. This is a lot of intensive work in these areas, cause you get all kind of hits, and you decide which one you want to dig, but it's best to check out each one. (At work I checked out the edge of the parking lot once and gave up as all the hits were coins, which was not what I was lookin for at the time.) This is not the best snow pile, either. All this came off the side streets. They took the snow from main street down by the marina, and that will be the motherlode. It's a great detecting opportunity that most people probably overlook.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread