tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh. They don't look the same as the chubby marmots we have out here high in the mountains. I took this photo of our Colorado marmots last summer. I guess there's more then one kind of marmot species out there.

Attachments

• RMP K 4.jpg
    RMP K 4.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am correct those are ground squirrels. They are not big enough for them to be Marmots.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Huh. They don't look the same as the chubby marmots we have out here high in the mountains. I took this photo of our Colorado marmots last summer. I guess there's more then one kind of marmot species out there.
You got a great picture of them!...I wasn't real sure what these were because the ones in Oregon look more like yours. I did some studying and found that Idaho has three different species of marmots. Still not positive which ones these are.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmot

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are not rodents. They are cute, adorable little creatures that God created for us to marvel at. I sure enjoy you r posts too. RGinn, tamrock, you and a couple more sure keep me entertained.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a gret picture of them!...I wasn't real sure what these were because the ones in Oregon look more like yours. I did some studying and found that Idaho has three different species of marmots. Still not positive which ones these are.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmot
Looks like they know of at least 15 different varieties marmots. When you shot the picture of the Kestral, I was curious if it was the smallest falcon found and looking into it I found there two other smaller falcon known as a African pygmy falcon and another known as Philippine falconet. Well I learned something new today. There are many kinds of marmots. I wish I'd a flip the video on the camera when I took the marmot picture I have, because just after I took it these two marmots got into a knock down drag-out fight. The one did not at all like the other getting that close to him. It was hilarious to watch as they were in an upright position slapping each other in the face with their front paws.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread