Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's Walk...A Varied Group

IMG_2229.JPG IMG_2245.JPG IMG_2213.JPG
Hi all. If you're getting tired of me posting pics, please let me know lol. I like this subforum and admire you guy's threads here. These are from Miss Daisy's midday walk at a local park that includes a man made lake and also a portion of the old canal that ran along the river here. Canal boats were drawn along by mules or horses and was usually done by young boys. A lot of goods were transported through this canal. The railroad settled it's demise in the 1800's. Hope you enjoy these.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1312254 View attachment 1312255 View attachment 1312253
Hi all. If you're getting tired of me posting pics, please let me know lol. I like this subforum and admire you guy's threads here. These are from Miss Daisy's midday walk at a local park that includes a man made lake and also a portion of the old canal that ran along the river here. Canal boats were drawn along by mules or horses and was usually done by young boys. A lot of goods were transported through this canal. The railroad settled it's demise in the 1800's. Hope you enjoy these.

OK.....where's the canal?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Never get tired of pics. If you want, you can post everyday. But you have to tell me what the birds are. I know cardinals, sparrows, doves and some ducks. Everything else here in Texas has died from the heat or moved north...:dontknow:

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK.....where's the canal?
Behind the Heron!
Never get tired of pics. If you want, you can post everyday. But you have to tell me what the birds are. I know cardinals, sparrows, doves and some ducks. Everything else here in Texas has died from the heat or moved north...:dontknow:
The first one is a Great Blue Heron and the second is a tree swallow.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, I got it too. I would have called the heron a crane. We see them sometimes in the rivers here, but not in town. Now, at the age of almost 68, I seldom leave the city. Stay up all night, sleep all day and play on the internet. Truck is pretty old and so am I. No real excuses, just lazy...

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is another pic of the heron.

Attachments

• Great Blue Heron.JPG
    Great Blue Heron.JPG
    465.9 KB · Views: 37

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really good OD:thumbsup: I must smell bad to those Haron's ? They won't let me get very close before they say so long sucker.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions