Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the canal park today. Got a few pics. Not sure what the 2 little birds are for sure. The juvenile turkey vulture was from earlier this morning. There was a group of 26 sunning themselves, many with wings stretched out.

Attachments

• IMG_2830.jpg
    IMG_2830.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2847.jpg
    IMG_2847.jpg
    732.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2865.jpg
    IMG_2865.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Turkey Vulture.jpg
    Turkey Vulture.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 63

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Nice Shots!........Pretty sure the small bird in front of the big limb is an Eastern Phoebe. Don't know about the other one.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Shots!........Pretty sure the small bird in front of the big limb is an Eastern Phoebe. Don't know about the other one.

Thank you sir! That first bird was a pain in my rear. I found an Oriole's nest the other day and I was hanging out at a picnic table under it waiting for the male. For some reason, the one in the pic did not like me there. It kept flitting about and singing loudly. It would get my attention long enough for me to just see a bright flash of orange from the corner of my eye and see the male Oriole zooming by me:BangHead:

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Thank you sir! That first bird was a pain in my rear. I found an Oriole's nest the other day and I was hanging out at a picnic table under it waiting for the male. For some reason, the one in the pic did not like me there. It kept flitting about and singing loudly. It would get my attention long enough for me to just see a bright flash of orange from the corner of my eye and see the male Oriole zooming by me:BangHead:
:laughing7: Sounds like it may have had a nest of it's own where you were.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You can cokes a red squirrel to come to you (with food of course) a lot quicker than a Gray.

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used