tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my wive stayed this last week in Ocean Beach in San Diego, CA. It's a pretty laid back place to hang out. This guy who was staying at the same motel said there are people who all they do is hang out in the old town and some have been know to be around for 20 years and never once held a job the whole time there. There are many transits around and I was up at 4:30 in the morning and would go hang out and visit with them. This I've become accustom to as I've been for many years a magnet to the transits and homeless I've come by. I could be in down town New Orleans with hundreds in a crown and I'll be the one person picked out to hit up. Once I fella asked if I could help him out and so I looked in my wallet and had only twenties. I gave him one and he looks like he just won the lottery. As he walked back in to the massive crowd of people I herd him say HEY! I'll see you in Heaven man. That was worth the twenty I'm thinking?. It was nice just being a beach bum for the few days.
It took me back to the mid 70's when I had no job and would hitch hike around the country and sleep by the interstates.

Attachments

• sd trip o beach 1.jpg
    sd trip o beach 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
  • sd trip o beach 2.jpg
    sd trip o beach 2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • sd trip o beach 3.jpg
    sd trip o beach 3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
  • sd trip o beach 4.jpg
    sd trip o beach 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • sd trip o beach 5.jpg
    sd trip o beach 5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • sd trip o beach 6.jpg
    sd trip o beach 6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey that last guy looks like Mick Dodge:laughing7: Looks like a pretty neat place to hang out and just people watch!

Hammer Stone

May 19, 2016
Deep Woods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beach pic makes me miss my surfing days in the mid-70's... good times. Nice pic. Love the Cafe.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beach pic makes me miss my surfing days in the mid-70's... good times. Nice pic. Love the Cafe.
Every day there they were surfing form 5:Am to after 9:PM. Never done it and I'm positive I missed some extraordinary experience in doing so, but most my life has been here in the Colorado, so I did hold a season pass for down hill skiing when I lived in Leadville long before the snowboard phenomenon in the later 70's and early 80's.

Attachments

• surfers.jpg
    surfers.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread