tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a place I've wanted to visit ever since I was in maybe 2nd grade? I still remember a girl in class back then in the Chicago area were we lived getting up for "show & tell" and telling us in the class about her family vacation to California and going to the San Diego zoo. I was so envious of that and a few years later we went on a trip to California from Iowa pulling a Forester Camper with a 65' Chevy station wagon. My brother and sister ruled me out of going to the famous San Diego zoo in favor of Disney Land. : ( Well after 52 years my wish to see this place has finally come true. I loved it. Old Gorillas and baby Gorillas they have and so much more : )

Attachments

• sd trip zoo 1.jpg
    sd trip zoo 1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 73
  • sd trip zoo 2.jpg
    sd trip zoo 2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 72
  • sd trip zoo 3.jpg
    sd trip zoo 3.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 73
  • sd trip zoo 4.jpg
    sd trip zoo 4.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
  • sd trip zoo 5.jpg
    sd trip zoo 5.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • sd trip zoo 6.jpg
    sd trip zoo 6.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 79
  • sd trip zoo 7.jpg
    sd trip zoo 7.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
  • sd trip zoo 8.jpg
    sd trip zoo 8.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 62

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew there had to be animal pics somewhere. I always wanted to visit too and when my sister lived in L.A. for 35 years I had the chance. But I never made it past Disneyland, Magic Mountain or Knotts Berry Farm. I did go past San Diego on my way to Tijuana, which was a fairly interesting place too. Great pics.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you and the mrs. had a good time. Cool pictures! :thumbsup: I remember seeing those Secretariat birds (first photo) growing up in Africa.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, of all the places you posted, the zoo is my favorite. I am like a big kid when it comes to them:thumbsup:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you and the mrs. had a good time. Cool pictures! :thumbsup: I remember seeing those Secretariat birds (first photo) growing up in Africa.
Odd bird they are. They've got a head, beak and feet like any bird of prey, but a body with extra long legs more like a Flamingo.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, of all the places you posted, the zoo is my favorite. I am like a big kid when it comes to them:thumbsup:
Me too. I'ts not all that unreasonable in air fares to just jump on and head out there. San Diego is real easy to get around in and the people are like no other city I've been in. Must be that constant warm temp and ocean breeze that has a good effect on the people there. Everyone was so nice there it seemed.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the family to the Lincoln Park Zoo years ago. The kids had been there before and my daughter told me "Watch what happens when Walt (my son) goes into the Monkey House." I'd never seen anything like it. They went wild, like maybe Elvis had walked in. People stopped and stared. He's always had a great connection with animals, and it's somethin to see how they react to him. Years later, I figured those monkeys were members of the ex-wife's family and just glad to see him.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took the family to the Lincoln Park Zoo years ago. The kids had been there before and my daughter told me "Watch what happens when Walt (my son) goes into the Monkey House." I'd never seen anything like it. They went wild, like maybe Elvis had walked in. People stopped and stared. He's always had a great connection with animals, and it's somethin to see how they react to him. Years later, I figured those monkeys were members of the ex-wife's family and just glad to see him.

I always enjoy the primate exhibits. I would never say anything that bad about them:laughing7:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Was at the Bronx Zoo a couple of weeks ago. It's huge. It first opened in 1899.
As much as I enjoy it, it's a bit disturbing to see how many animals are on the verge of extinction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread