Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the geese,14 young ones there.

DSCN1334.JPG

Got his eye on something.

DSCN1331.JPG

Here's the bat,strange to see him hanging on the side of a tree at noon.

DSCN1369.JPG

I got a bit closer and he took off crashing in the river,got him out and stuck him on a branch.

DSCN1376.JPG

He wanted AWAY so I stuck him on a log and left.

DSCN1377.JPG

Iris are blooming.

DSCN1354.JPG

Soft bait.

DSCN1394.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics and finds.
A bat crawls under my window shutter each night around midnight( break-time/brief rest time) , or roughly an hour either side depending on how good the hunting is.
I don't hear it head out at dark or return in the morning ...
I'd displace it but ...it is eating flying insects and not bothering more than a brief scrabbling noise.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years ago here, the bat population had a big problem. I first noticed something was weird when I saw bats flying in daylight with snow on the ground. They had a disease called " white nose syndrome ". This sickness caused them to expend so much energy fighting the disease that they had to go out of hibernation in search of food. Between the fact no insects were out during winter, and the temperature being so cold, many froze to death.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one flying around my home in Buena Vista, Colorado one time. I was chasing him around the house and he finally hook on to the screen door and screeched at me like please don't kill me and I opened the door and out he went.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one flying around my home in Buena Vista, Colorado one time. I was chasing him around the house and he finally hook on to the screen door and screeched at me like please don't kill me and I opened the door and out he went.
Don't know why but when I read "Got some geese with a bat,no kidding" my first thought was some guy hitting em outta the park. Although, I know some golf couse owners that wish they could!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pictures! Sure would like to get a hold of on of those yellow French Irises.
You have to be careful handling bats when you see them out during daylight. They can carry rabies, and it is no fun if you contact the disease.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are primary carriers of rabies.....just don't touch one.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife had one that had grabbed the sidewall of her car tire to rest. Scared the crap out of her and she swore it was a mouse until I went out and told her it was a bat. It was neat seeing them up close but I wouldn't play with it. Nice Pics.

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love your pics! We had a bat fall off our shop ceiling when we opened the garage type door. It landed flat on it's back and was taking big gulps of air. I thought it was in shock and was considering how I was going to do bat CPR if needed. About that time it flung open it's wings and gave me a scary face. I still thought he was cute and I love their little hands on the edge of their wings. Their like little mice with super hero capes. I went on my way and he went on his. Glad your little guy seemed to be ok.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread