Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While some folks are havin a big time in Californy, I'm stickin around the homeplace. Down in Buena Vista Colorado for no particular reason. Always like to take pics of this little pond in town. Rafting has started up on the Arkansas River. Maria's always tellin me I should buy an RV, so maybe if I bought this rig that would shut her up, haha!

Attachments

• 5-24a.jpg
    5-24a.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 55
  • 5-24b.jpg
    5-24b.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 5-24d.jpg
    5-24d.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 5-24e.jpg
    5-24e.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 5-24f.jpg
    5-24f.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 56

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
While some folks are havin a big time in Californy, I'm stickin around the homeplace. Down in Buena Vista Colorado for no particular reason. Always like to take pics of this little pond in town. Rafting has started up on the Arkansas River. Maria's always tellin me I should buy an RV, so maybe if I bought this rig that would shut her up, haha!

An RV would be cheaper.:laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool looking set up. I sold an old international 2 ton truck around 1983 to fella who runs Miles construction there in BV. You'll see it off the road going the way around the prison to Johnsons Village. I think I've got a photo of it some place. The old flathead 6 just up and seized up solid and I pull the motor out with a tripod made of some straight pine props each around 3" in diameter. I think even sold that guy a red 65 IH scout also I had, so that too may be in his International Harvester collection.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very good shutter speed selection on the water shots with the dam. I agree that camper would probably put you to working several more years than you want:laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is it, still sitting in Buena Vista Colorado. I think it's a 1947 IH 2 ton stake bed. I and my buddies used it to go up Cottonwood and cut firewood. The motor locked up climbing a steep grade in granny gear going up one time and we drug it back to my friends place up on the mesa and pulled the motor out and that was it. I got the pink slip at the mine in 83' and I knew this guy in town who was a Lover of International Harvester trucks and went over and asked if he'd give me $250.00 for it and he came over within an hour and put it where it still sits to this day for more then 30 years ago now. I need to get by there, because I'm sure I sold him also an old 65' scout. I had two Scouts a 64' & 65'. One green and the other was red. I just can't remember if I sold him the red one or not?, because I kept the green one to leave town and go to Colorado Springs to work as the mine let a bunch of folks go back then and most left town and hit the road. It was the end of an era in the upper Arkansas valley back then. All together a different kind of place with different kind of folks it is today and no one took a selfie to put their face back in to that time and place. The memories are all in the hearts & minds of those days back then. If they didn't drink themselves to death after it was all over, as some I knew did and a couple even put a bullet to their heads, because all they ever knew was mining and nothing else. As for me I moved on.

Attachments

• 48 IH my old truck in BV.jpg
    48 IH my old truck in BV.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 52

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread