One thing I have not seen at the river this year,the decline must be true then.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Seagulls,last year they were plentiful this year..not one,cormorants lacking very few ducks also.I got to the dam at 7:15 this bright morning.8-)8-):laughing7:.

Canal side,no action I could see other than a million minners(in case you didn't know that's Florida slang for minnow) so I went to the bridge,along the way I ran into a few critters.

DSCN1562.JPG
DSCN1584.JPG
DSCN1567.JPG
DSCN1570.JPG

Some wild stuff is put underneath this bridge,guy must have been on some kind of hallucinogenic.

DSCN1576.JPG

The last 6 days they have recovered 3 bodies from the river,I see this search crew going up river

DSCN1591.JPG

then these guys launched,at which point I should have asked them what thy were looking for.

DSCN1598.JPG
DSCN1600.JPG

Pretty soon we are going to have a blizzard...dam cottonwood.:laughing7:

DSCN1594.JPG

PS..I see one dead shad fish,gonna smell pretty foul soon.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WT, that bridge pic is beautiful, it really is, but when I read your description, my awe turned to sadness. It seems the older I get, the more tender hearted I get. I love your pics. Keep 'em coming please!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
WT, that bridge pic is beautiful, it really is, but when I read your description, my awe turned to sadness. It seems the older I get, the more tender hearted I get. I love your pics. Keep 'em coming please!

Many bodies have been pulled out of that river,a few drownings,the rest....well you know.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Very interesting post....You've been getting some beautiful pictures.

In Oklahoma that aint slang, em er minners. :laughing7:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Guy was not stoned, he is just a great graffiti artist, according to his peers. Yeah, I know...

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures Chris. That wouldn't be the conn river would it? FYI all the seagulls moved south to our dumps!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pictures Chris. That wouldn't be the conn river would it? FYI all the seagulls moved south to our dumps!

Back in the late 70's, seagulls started showing up in the parking lot of a local shopping center in Monticello, Ky. Long way from the ocean;)

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We've got tons of gulls around here as well. There are many types of gulls - not all of them associate with coastal waters. Some of them like slumming it in the swamps, like around here. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread