Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the canal park today. I saw a lot of birds and squirrels there. I witnessed a male Oriole chase another male all around the place. The female was busy feeding the brood in their nest and didn't know she was the cause of such a ruckus:tongue3:. A bit later I watched a blue jay harass a little red squirrel. The jay kept dive bombing the critter. At least it stood still long enough for me to get a few pictures of it. I had to laugh when I saw the chipmunk with it's cheeks full!

Attachments

• Bright Jay.jpg
    Bright Jay.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Take a Bow.jpg
    Take a Bow.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Chubby Cheeks 2.jpg
    Chubby Cheeks 2.jpg
    852.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the pics. Once lived in an exclusive apt. complex. Forest, country club, golf course and more squirrels and blue jays than I had ever seen. Was making trips to Austin every week and found a place to buy pecans. Would sit on my deck and two critters always showed up. A male squirrel and a male jay. they sat next to each other on my outside table waiting for their pecans. Eventually they were only an inch or two apart. They raised hell with me to get fed, but ignored each other. Squirrel would come in the house and beg pecans, then after he ate and hid them, he stretched out against the open screen and slept back to back against my two cats(who ignored him). It ended when my house was built and I had to leave paradise. Your pics triggered that memory. Thanks...

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the pics. Once lived in an exclusive apt. complex. Forest, country club, golf course and more squirrels and blue jays than I had ever seen. Was making trips to Austin every week and found a place to buy pecans. Would sit on my deck and two critters always showed up. A male squirrel and a male jay. they sat next to each other on my outside table waiting for their pecans. Eventually they were only an inch or two apart. They raised hell with me to get fed, but ignored each other. Squirrel would come in the house and beg pecans, then after he ate and hid them, he stretched out against the open screen and slept back to back against my two cats(who ignored him). It ended when my house was built and I had to leave paradise. Your pics triggered that memory. Thanks...

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing with us!
This path is at the same park and the fledgling robin was in my tree at home tonight.

Attachments

• K1600_The Path.JPG
    K1600_The Path.JPG
    455.8 KB · Views: 48
  • K1600_Fledgling.JPG
    K1600_Fledgling.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 54

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you know a single chipmunk will store 5 pounds of seed for winter?:tongue3:

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you know a single chipmunk will store 5 pounds of seed for winter?:tongue3:

GOD Bless

Chris
Now 're you're starting to sound like Marlin Perkins..." Let's watch Jim attempt to castrate this Nile croc from the safety of this tree ":laughing7:. Poor Jim took all the risk and probably made 1/4 the money:tongue3:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Now 're you're starting to sound like Marlin Perkins..." Let's watch Jim attempt to castrate this Nile croc from the safety of this tree ":laughing7:. Poor Jim took all the risk and probably made 1/4 the money:tongue3:

Did you know if a dog wags it's tail while swinging it's butt to the right they like you.:laughing7:

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love coming along on your walks - although it's through pictures, they just capture so much of the moment. These are beautiful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread