austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I love prairie pups.Big colony in Yellowhouse Canyon, Lubbock park. Signs on the golf course, "Don't molest the Prairie Dogs. You play, they come running out and steal the rolling ball.Folks would get irate. I just laughed. On Sundays, my roomy and I took bread to the enclosed town and fed them. The noise was wonderful as they fought over the bread. Love the pics...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the new one is an American Avocet. The prairie dogs look like they are in prison lol. Very nice pics and I really like the new avatar!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the new one is an American Avocet. The prairie dogs look like they are in prison lol. Very nice pics and I really like the new avatar!
Maybe the one in the hole was telling the other Mom says we're not to go on the other side of that fence and the one standing up is saying "who cares what mom says" The young ones are kind of adventurist little critters. They could end up in big trouble if they don't heed the warnings of the danger, such as the owls, hawks and coyote that look for those careless little ones. When they get a little older they'll move farther out and increase the size of the prairie dog town. I'ts getting pretty big now. Once ever 4 years they call this fella in with a big vacuum mounted on a truck suck them out of the hole to control the size of the town. I was told some go to the zoo to be feed the meat eaters such as the big cats and hyenas, others go to the Birds of Prey rehabilitation facility and some are moved to an area to start a new habitat someplace. The 1849 large cent it nailed to my house.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions