tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a bike ride and a few pic's along the way. Dove on a fence and a blurry coyote in the field behind wishing I'd get the hell away so he can come back and get to the business of dining out on a little pate de foie gras pyree dog. I go though the town and head to the creek and saw a couple of gold finches, a male & female across the creek in a tree and of course I gotta take a picture of a squirrel in the woods.

Attachments

• bike ride 060216 1.jpg
    bike ride 060216 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 61
  • bike ride 060216 2.jpg
    bike ride 060216 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • bike ride 060216 3.jpg
    bike ride 060216 3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
  • bike ride 060216 4.jpg
    bike ride 060216 4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 74
  • bike ride 060216 5.jpg
    bike ride 060216 5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
  • bike ride 060216 6.jpg
    bike ride 060216 6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That coyote looks like a big one!. Those have got to be one of the most skittish animals I have ever seen. Very nice pics. That path looks really nice!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy watching the Goldfinches at the feeders in the back yard. I once counted 18 males on my feeders a one time.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When all the sunflower start blooming they'll be many more around.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Again, beautiful. Too bad the coyote wouldn't have given you time to focus on both it and the dove. But having both pics there together more than makes up! Bravo, my friend!

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Again, beautiful. Too bad the coyote wouldn't have given you time to focus on both it and the dove. But having both pics there together more than makes up! Bravo, my friend!
I agree, but nothing wrong with that dove and coyote shot. It's a super photo, along with the rest of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coyote looks like a big one!. Those have got to be one of the most skittish animals I have ever seen. Very nice pics. That path looks really nice!
I so enjoy the trail odpa, In recent years they've completed much more on the trails to make an additional 60 miles or so, that runs along creeks and by little lakes and along old RR grades. I can go all over from my backyard, which is awesome, as this trail system goes right behind my back yard, as I just took this 4th picture out the back yard on this wonderful morning. I take my mountain bike out on this trail system all the time and it'll take me to the woods along the creeks or an old coal camp site to look for relics of the late 19th century all the way to the bluffs you see in the background of the 4th photo, where I have found Indian artifacts that could be thousands of years old?. I think now I can even go to Denver from my back yard on a bike and ride almost all the way without getting on any of the hectic and busy highways and streets.?? There's this really old fella, I see out on the trails and he'd be just peddling oh so slowly along the trails and recently he got him one of those fancy electric peddle assist e-bikes and now he's flying along these trails with a big old smile on his face. Those things really move along and are so quiet.

Attachments

• coal creek trail 1.jpg
    coal creek trail 1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • coal creek trail 2.jpg
    coal creek trail 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
  • coal creek trail 3.jpg
    coal creek trail 3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • coal creek trail 4.jpg
    coal creek trail 4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Very scenic area. I love the shades of green this time of year!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a be quick, as it's all a matter of seconds before the coyote heads off and the dove flies away. Just take your best shot is what I do. Win some loose some is how it all goes down when it comes to wildlife. Those little gold finch were all over the place. I'd seem em and as soon as I'd zoom in there'd be nothing but the branch that they were on. Look around quickly and try again is what I was doing on them.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
The more I look at that first pic, the more it looks like the dove is keeping one eye on the coyote and one eye on YOU! :tongue3:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more I look at that first pic, the more it looks like the dove is keeping one eye on the coyote and one eye on YOU! :tongue3:
I though he was saying shooot, shooot, shooot, but I guess it was just coo, coo, coo...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They have put in a bike/walking path here in the last couple years too. It runs along the river for many miles and follows the old canal system loosely.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have put in a bike/walking path here in the last couple years too. It runs along the river for many miles and follows the old canal system loosely.
I'm very pleased the municipalities and counties do this kind of thing. You need a place to get away from all the rat racing around here. The mountains are getting so overrun with all kinds of Denverites, it's hardly any fun to go up there in the summer anymore.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Super pics, like always. You're pretty nifty with that camera. Uh, any farmers daughters out there?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm very pleased the municipalities and counties do this kind of thing. You need a place to get away from all the rat racing around here. The mountains are getting so overrun with all kinds of Denverites, it's hardly any fun to go up there in the summer anymore.

I guess it is the same everywhere. We like the money the tourists spend, but the " holier than thou " attitudes get a little over the top sometimes.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super pics, like always. You're pretty nifty with that camera. Uh, any farmers daughters out there?
No, only a few high tech billionaire daughters running around is all I'm seeing anymore. They're pretty nice and friendly little gals and they love my slightly, but mostly true bs stories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread