7:15-1:15 down the meadows,pic HEAVY too.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I started out at 7:15 this morning and the first thing I did was check those Killdeer eggs,driving through the field I see these guys running like crazy..

K1600_DSCN2148.JPG
K1600_DSCN2150.JPG
DSCN2152.JPG

Got to the nest site and lo and behold..

K1600_DSCN2139.JPG

Mama was totally flipping out,at one point she was close enough to touch..

K1600_DSCN2140.JPG
K1600_DSCN2142.JPG
K1600_DSCN2141.JPG
K1600_DSCN2143.JPG

Then I did a bit of MDin till Carmine got there,found some pretty cool stuff the last couple years here too,when He got there we sat in His truck talking for awhile when He said "see that coyote way out there?"A full zoom

shot,healthy looking animal too,it layed there till Carmine started to drive that way.

K1600_DSCN2186.JPG
K1600_DSCN2187.JPG

I mosied on and started mowing,had to stop and pick this guy out of the way,at the end of my run I threw him in the marsh.

K1600_DSCN2195.JPG

Mowing I stopped to look at the chicks again,another one out of the egg.

K1600_DSCN2145.JPG

I checked them several more times before I left..

K1600_DSCN2174.JPG
DSCN2201.JPG

The 4th egg had not hatched yet.

On the way out I spied these Finches feasting on seed..

K1600_DSCN2160.JPG
K1600_DSCN2154.JPG
K1600_DSCN2158.JPG

Power Lines..

K1600_DSCN2181.JPG

I see this guy locking the gate,I've never seen a painted this light in color so I brought him/her home.

K1600_DSCN2249.JPG

Oh ya,got an Eagle feather too.

K1600_FSCN2226.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invalid Attachment specified.:dontknow:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
much better :). Great shots. I think you kind of unset that coyote some by the look he's giving you.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chris, looks like an incredible day!

FWIW, if that is truly aneagle feather then your best bet
is to put it back...possession of any eagle feather or parts
is unlawful, and your local game warden might take it serious.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for sharing - Great photographs! :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
What a great day you had! All we did was sit inside while thunderstorms rolled through.

The only shot I don't care for is the power lines, although I can see how some folks might get a nice symmetry from them.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Chris, looks like an incredible day!

FWIW, if that is truly aneagle feather then your best bet
is to put it back...possession of any eagle feather or parts
is unlawful, and your local game warden might take it serious.

I mentioned that to the guys banding the Eaglets(as I noticed several feathers in one of their equipment cases).

CaliGal

Jun 10, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Red Baron RB-7 (inherited from my Gramps, never used) Parents used to take us out detecting in mid-1970's--fun times! Caught the bug early, reignited here in OK.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, in the U.S. it's illegal to possess ANY native bird products at all! Feathers, eggs, nests, etc., unless you have a special scientific collecting permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Per the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1912. Eagle feathers (both bald eagles and golden eagles -- because juvenile goldens and balds are hard to tell apart), not to mention any other parts of course, are ALSO covered under a separate law, the Bald & Golden Eagle Protection Act. So basically ALL birds except starlings, pigeons (aka rock doves, aka flying rats!), European house sparrows, etc. Certain other licensed game birds have special rules (e.g., turkeys, ducks, etc.) too for hunting. As a former field biologist in Calif., I can tell you that in some places (such as So Cal, figures, right?) State and federal game wardens take such things VERY seriously. (I once had a large collection of feathers picked up in the field over the years. I kept it at the firm's office & we had a Cal Fish & Game warden by to pick up some evidence for a legal case (bighorn sheep scat --- long story). He saw the feathers & ended up confiscating them all cuz our scientific collectors license had been allowed to expire. (D'oh!)

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, in the U.S. it's illegal to possess ANY native bird products at all! Feathers, eggs, nests, etc., unless you have a special scientific collecting permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Per the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1912. Eagle feathers (both bald eagles and golden eagles -- because juvenile goldens and balds are hard to tell apart), not to mention any other parts of course, are ALSO covered under a separate law, the Bald & Golden Eagle Protection Act. So basically ALL birds except starlings, pigeons (aka rock doves, aka flying rats!), European house sparrows, etc. Certain other licensed game birds have special rules (e.g., turkeys, ducks, etc.) too for hunting. As a former field biologist in Calif., I can tell you that in some places (such as So Cal, figures, right?) State and federal game wardens take such things VERY seriously. (I once had a large collection of feathers picked up in the field over the years. I kept it at the firm's office & we had a Cal Fish & Game warden by to pick up some evidence for a legal case (bighorn sheep scat --- long story). He saw the feathers & ended up confiscating them all cuz our scientific collectors license had been allowed to expire. (D'oh!)

That's insane!! That's like saying someone can't keep deer sheds or wild animal skulls that are found in the wild. If the gov't wants to claim that you got them illegally, then let them prove it! CRAP! What's this world come to??!!!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pics WT! Those baby killdeer you first posted must be really recently hatched too, cause it doesn't take long till they look JUST LIKE mom and dad. Great day you had:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics WT! Those baby killdeer you first posted must be really recently hatched too, cause it doesn't take long till they look JUST LIKE mom and dad. Great day you had:icon_thumright:

The ones that hatched yesterday were gone today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread