worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I threw some rib bones out a bit ago,this kitty came around,I think I might invite him in.

K1600_DSCN2266.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, and make sure you give him a bath. Lots of bubbles, they like that.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Talk about bizarre! I walked out this morning to take some pics of the fog in the morning sun - about 6am maybe? Anyway, had JUST gotten outside when I saw a skunk. I zoomed out and got a couple pics, but they're fuzzy. Will try to post a couple in the morning.

That is o-n-e b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l s-k-u-n-k! VERY clean! Ours are dirty from all the mud and ground moisture.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Feed him some cat food and he will suddenly be there when you open the door. Like me, you too can become the "food guy" and never be sprayed. If its a female, she'll have little ones and bring them around too. That's what my raccoons do. P.S. They LOVE DeliCat. Beautiful animal, great pic.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Feed him some cat food and he will suddenly be there when you open the door. Like me, you too can become the "food guy" and never be sprayed. If its a female, she'll have little ones and bring them around too. That's what my raccoons do. P.S. They LOVE DeliCat. Beautiful animal, great pic.

I'll have to give that a try.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other

Problem is, in this area they breed like rabbits. .....Maybe that's why we don't have any rabbits! Thinking (small).png

Also, while it (they) didn't spray "us", they DID spray at every other living thing that happened to get too close to the "snack bar"!! Tried the same thing with that really nice, very pretty and OH!, so friendly groundhog. That first one never gave us anything but pure pleasure. We could get within 5' to 6' of her (within about 15' with the riding mower while mowing). But then she had pups. They weren't too bad, but thought that up around the house was their playground. Oh well, that's ok - saves us from having to walk out to their area. Then the pups have pups of their own, and THAT'S when the trouble started! They were the stereotypical "younger generation"!! They thought THEY owned the place and WE were the visitors!! And as they only eat the grasses growing wild, there was nothing they "wanted" from us.

That's when I introduced them to our other child - the .410 shotgun!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I was NOT expecting a skunk lol. One of the funniest things I ever saw was a cow walking up to a skunk in the pasture. The skunk stayed still while the cow was inspecting it, but when the cow would walk away, the skunk sent a stream after the cow. The cow would stop, walk up to the skunk again, and again the skunk would wait until the cow walked away and send another stream, lol. This went on several times.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cows and chickens aren't real smart. Probably why people eat them and not skunks. Smell might have something to do with it also. My chickens were eating their eggs so I read you could put some hot sauce in an egg mixed with the egg itself and put it in the henhouse and the guilty bird would take a bite, hate it and not eat eggs again.

Well, it doesn't work as chickens are not bright. Scrambles, the Wonder Chicken LOVED the hot sauce egg. Going down, and later that night, going up and out on the other birds overnight. Nothing like being ralphed on by a chicken I suppose. As soon as I saw her "enjoying" it I took it away, I certainly did not want her getting sick. Of course she was the first one at the breakfast bell that morning, so there were no lingering bad effects. She is much loved but just isn't right in the head.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long time ago the old folks told us if you see a skunk out in the daytime, stay away, it was rabid. One afternoon when I was about 5, me, my younger sister and Mom were out in the yard and a skunk came up just walkin right towards us. Mom told me and my sister to get on the porch and she picked up a half brick, chunked it at the skunk about 25 feet away, hit him right between the eyes, and he dropped dead right there. Then left him for Dad to drag off to the pasture when he came in from work, which I don't think he was real thrilled about. I never thought much about it at the time because after all, it's Mom and they can do anything when you're five. As I got older, I realized, damn, that was a pretty remarkable throw.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I was NOT expecting a skunk lol. One of the funniest things I ever saw was a cow walking up to a skunk in the pasture. The skunk stayed still while the cow was inspecting it, but when the cow would walk away, the skunk sent a stream after the cow. The cow would stop, walk up to the skunk again, and again the skunk would wait until the cow walked away and send another stream, lol. This went on several times.
Somewhere I have a photo of one of the neighbor's cows coming right up the concrete steps of our house. Will try to find that later and post here. Was taken through the screen door, and the main door was closed before that also. I think the cow was trying to come inside! *lol*

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick up the skunk by it's tail, to find out if it is a male or female. Then run real fast. Good luck.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! I have no clue why you would want that thing hanging around :dontknow: The town now allows folks to keep as many as five hens in their back yards and all the young newly weds moving in the neighborhood are all about having their little hobby chicken farms up and down the street and I'm seeing skunk crap here and there now in the yard and on sidewalks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Man! I have no clue why you would want that thing hanging around :dontknow: The town now allows folks to keep as many as five hens in their back yards and all the young newly weds moving in the neighborhood are all about having their little hobby chicken farms up and down the street and I'm seeing skunk crap here and there now in the yard and on sidewalks.

I have all kinds of night critters I throw leftovers out to,can't help if the stinker comes around.:laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha, don't ever camp in bear country, worldtalker!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha, don't ever camp in bear country, worldtalker!
No kidding. You ever look up those videos that folks took of the cute bears in the wild, just before the bear eats them.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
That sure is a cutey! If you don't want her, I'll take her! :cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread