kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We got dumped on with rain over the weekend - so much so that I had to mow again just 3 days later! On the good side, many of the plants are now in full bloom! Some of these I don't have a clue as to what they are......just plants!

These first two are the Showy Lady Slipper - Minnesota's State Flower. For years we had wished we could transplant them into the yard somewhere - but nature did it for us.

01 Showy Lady Slipper.1 - .40.jpg

02 Showy Lady Slipper.2 - .40.jpg

The next is the Yellow Lady Slipper. Another variety comes in white, but the closest of them is about 8 miles down the road.

03 Yellow Lady Slipper - .40.jpg

This is a variety of Baby's Breath. Is the first time in 15 years it has had this many blooms!

04 Baby's Breath - .40.JPG

Ah, the lovely Wild Rose. This is another of nature's gifts to the yard.

05 Wild Rose - .40.jpg

Our lawn this season seems to be mostly Clover. We've had it thicker in the past, but then it thinned out for several years.

06 White Clover.2 - .40.jpg

Only 1 single Red Clover this year :-(

07 Red Clover - .40.jpg

These last two are plants that we haven't yet identified. Don't usually get to see them as the mosquitoes are normally too bad to stop and look.

08 Unknown Plant.1 - .40.jpg

09 Unknown Plant.2 - .40.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should keep some honey bee's around that place.

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Very rarely do we see honey bees. However, LOTS of carpenter bees, bumble bees, yellow jackets and hornets. More towards town, there are folks that have hives off in the edges of fields and open grasslands. Every Spring they set them out, then every Fall bring 'em all back in for the winter.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Worldtalker seems to know quite a bit about wild vegetation. I think he will know maybe. Either he knows a lot or I know so little he can pull the wool over my eyes:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread