Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well friends, no apostrophe in today's title, so hopefully I can share my sights from today:laughing7:. The stars aligned today and my better half and I were able to get out together. We did a 3 1/2 hour trip down the Susquehanna River. She and I both really enjoy getting out in the kayaks. Very peaceful and we always see Bald Eagles. After we saw the first 2, she just sat there with a contented smile and said " Ok, I don't care what we see on the rest of the trip. I am happy now!". It was a great day out on the water. No humidity, nice temps and the right mix of sun and clouds. Hope you all had a great day too!
Eagle.JPG Red Tailed Hawk2.JPG Red Tailed Hawk.JPG K1600_IMG_8092.JPG Green Heron.JPG Flying Eagle.JPG Eagle4.JPG Eagle3.JPG Eagle2.JPG Susquehanna River.jpg

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics of course, but where did you find a woman who you could please that easily. Your stars must have really aligned, either that or you should live in Vegas. Every woman I was with couldn't pass a jewelry store,a shoe store or a store that sold expensive champagne. Guess who paid for it all? Wish I would have had your luck...

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pics of course, but where did you find a woman who you could please that easily. Your stars must have really aligned, either that or you should live in Vegas. Every woman I was with couldn't pass a jewelry store,a shoe store or a store that sold expensive champagne. Guess who paid for it all? Wish I would have had your luck...

Well sir, I did get lucky this time. It took me a few tries though:laughing7:

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get out to look for any artifacts where you were? Good chances along that river

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you get out to look for any artifacts where you were? Good chances along that river

No sir, I didn't. We have a boxer that doesn't like being left alone, so we stayed pretty much to the plan so we could get home before she ( the dog ) destroyed the house:laughing7:.

The creeks in this area are actually better to search than the river. The Lenape Indians settled along the larger ones. Old lead and coppers have been good to me there!

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right along the rivers edge? Ive never tried that before...
Interesting if thats the case

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sound like a really nice time with some very wonderful sights along the way. Good Job ODPA

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trip and pics Dave, My wife has been wanting to go see this Old Mill and creek I love to go to near our house. Well today was the day. I have owners permission to explore it and took her inside. Afterwards we walked up the creek and just chilled.
0624161217b.jpg 0624161214a.jpg 0624161226.jpg 0624161201.jpg

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes we find our greatest treasures by just being absorbed the sights we see and even more so when we share it with someone we love. ....wow, that sounded corny, but it's true.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sound like a really nice time with some very wonderful sights along the way. Good Job ODPA
Thank you sir! I think both of us really needed this and it worked out well for us.
Great trip and pics Dave, My wife has been wanting to go see this Old Mill and creek I love to go to near our house. Well today was the day. I have owners permission to explore it and took her inside. Afterwards we walked up the creek and just chilled.
View attachment 1329225 View attachment 1329227 View attachment 1329228 View attachment 1329229
I can assume you have detected around there too? That looks like a very nice place to chill Alan...I can hear the water running and the birds chirping now:thumbsup:
Sometimes we find our greatest treasures by just being absorbed the sights we see and even more so when we share it with someone we love. ....wow, that sounded corny, but it's true.
You better believe it is true. It takes some people a long, long time to realize that and some never catch on. They waste their life chasing the dollar, but what good is money if you don't take the time to enjoy the things that surround us every day if you take time to look? My other half lived in Ft Meyers, Fla for many years and so the first time we went out on the river and she saw her first eagle flying overhead, she got a very thoughtful look on her face and said " When I drive down that road and look over here at the river, I always saw ugly rocks and old uprooted trees and muddy banks. Once you get out here and listen to the sounds and you see THAT ( the eagle ), it just looks so different ". It took me a few times to teach her to slow down, stop paddling all the time and look around. I think she knows now how much she missed by not taking the time to just look.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave of course I hunt it but the true treasure is the craftsmanship of the the1800s mill itself. It was in operation up to the 60's. Very few of these Mills remain here in SC. But it is so true about slowing down and just taking in things. I have stomped and romped in woods rivers and creeks since I was about 6(only 50 years ago) but I'm still amazed at the things I see. And my wife was truly Blown away. In just the past week I've seen a Giant Redheaded Woodpecker(only the 2nd one I've ever seen) 2 beavers a mama and baby otter and many birds. Walking the creek and shoals I was looking for pottery and when my wife would find something she'd ask what it was and why she never notice things like this. I told her most people never look down and around. Life is Wonderful if you just stop and take time to see and enjoy it.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Reading the replies in this thread reminded me that it was much more enjoyable with my wife along.

Also reminded me of one of my favorite quotes by Louis L'Amour : "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen."

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reading the replies in this thread reminded me that it was much more enjoyable with my wife along.

Also reminded me of one of my favorite quotes by Louis L'Amour : "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen."

Louis L'Amour is in my top 2 authors. His Sackett characters were my favorite. When you read his books, you did not need much imagination to see the scenes in his stories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread