Coming home from Yellowstone

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
On my way home from my my trip to Red Lodge and Yellowstone, I took some pictures of local scenery. By local, I mean 70 miles to the west of my house, I'd be at the ocean, and 70 miles to the east, I'd be in the high Cascades.

I was traveling west on my way home, and this first picture is looking across the Klamath Marsh toward the Cascade Mountains.
klamath Marsh1.jpg
To the left of the picture, in the range of mountains you can make out the pointy peak of Mt. Thielsen. That mountain would be 70 or 80 miles east of where I live. At the very left edge is the location of Crater Lake. The Klamath Marsh is now a Federal Wildlife Reserve.
Mt Thielsen1.jpg
And this is a closer picture of Mt. Thielsen, taken from a turn out at Diamond Lake. The next picture is Diamond Lake from the same turn out. Mt. Bailey is across the lake.
Diamond Lake1.jpg
While I was there enjoying the scenery this little critter came up begging food, and I didn't have anything. I call them chipmunks, but the local loggers call them "timber tigers." I guess from the stripes. They look more like a chipmunk to me than a tiger.
Chipmonk1.jpg
Chipmonk.jpg
I didn't have any treats, so he is either crying or washing his face, it's your call.
Chipmonk2.jpg
Chipmonk3.jpg

Attachments

• Chipmonk4.jpg
    Chipmonk4.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some cool, clean air in that region? It's getting pretty smoggy, dusty, hot and dry around where I live now. Fires to the west and smog to the east season is here. Sure is a big marsh. Also it looks like you found God out there in the wilderness. You didn't eat him did ya???

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sure is some breathtaking scenery! I like watching chipmunks. Sometimes I will see 2 of them rolling around fussing. I never know if they are fighting or making little ones��

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions