worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Looked out the back door last night and see this little guy digging for food,I walked up on him and he started stamping his front feet,no problem,no stink in his gland yet.:laughing7:I guess determination will keep him going.

DSCN3167.JPG

Still would have made a good pet.:tongue3:

GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awww, he wants's his daddy. Well if it's wise enough to look for food on it's own without mama leading it around, maybe it's got a good chance of survival? I would think a lot of predators would have a good understanding what a black tail with a white stripe is all about and leave it alone? About the only threat to a skunk I can think of is a motor vehicle. Had the windows open last night and just before I fell asleep I smelled one that failed to get out of the way out on the road. It was pretty pungent and my wife made me get the fabreeze to spray around in the room. At least it wasn't me this time for the need to spay the fabreeze :)

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Awww, he wants's his daddy. Well if it's wise enough to look for food on it's own without mama leading it around, maybe it's got a good chance of survival? I would think a lot of predators would have a good understanding what a black tail with a white stripe is all about and leave it alone? About the only threat to a skunk I can think of is a motor vehicle. Had the windows open last night and just before I fell asleep I smelled one that failed to get out of the way out on the road. It was pretty pungent and my wife made me get the fabreeze to spray around in the room. At least it wasn't me this time for the need to spay the fabreeze :)

There is nothing more putrid than that odor CLOSE UP,I know that for a fact!:laughing7:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Yup, I got sprayed.!!! ::) God, I stunk for 10 days. Tomato Juice BATH"S" multiple times a day. Lost a set of clothes and a good set of boots. Lord, I wreaked. My windows in my bedroom HAD TO stay wide OPEN with fan"s" going to blow the stink out of the room. I will "NEVER" go near a polecat again.!! :BangHead: They call them pole cats because their tail points straight North to the North Pole. !!! :laughing7:
When God made those suckers He did it right.!!! :notworthy: What I'm saying is the Gods honest truth. I was in my back yard having a BBQ and I did not see her. I got to close. 2 seconds later I sure "knew" she was there. Ended that BBQ in 5 seconds flat.!!! :laughing7:
Anyways, I hope you fed him. Cute little sucker. I have a Family of skunks that roam my yard and we all stay back and watch them. Mama has sprayed the neighbors dog a few times. We shut the windows real fast for sure. That dog ain't to bright. Good dog but dumb.!!! :icon_scratch: Anyways, Thanks for sharing the photo and story WT. PEACE:RONB

PS: WT, I'm gonna hijack your post to start a new Thread. I love to hear the funny animal stories ok. Thanks. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi; Yup, I got sprayed.!!! ::) God, I stunk for 10 days. Tomato Juice BATH"S" multiple times a day. Lost a set of clothes and a good set of boots. Lord, I wreaked. My windows in my bedroom HAD TO stay wide OPEN with fan"s" going to blow the stink out of the room. I will "NEVER" go near a polecat again.!! :BangHead: They call them pole cats because their tail points straight North to the North Pole. !!! :laughing7:
When God made those suckers He did it right.!!! :notworthy: What I'm saying is the Gods honest truth. I was in my back yard having a BBQ and I did not see her. I got to close. 2 seconds later I sure "knew" she was there. Ended that BBQ in 5 seconds flat.!!! :laughing7:
Anyways, I hope you fed him. Cute little sucker. I have a Family of skunks that roam my yard and we all stay back and watch them. Mama has sprayed the neighbors dog a few times. We shut the windows real fast for sure. That dog ain't to bright. Good dog but dumb.!!! :icon_scratch: Anyways, Thanks for sharing the photo WT. PEACE:RONB

PS: WT, I'm gonna hijack your post to start a new Thread. I love to hear the funny animal stories ok. Thanks. :icon_thumleft:

Back in 66 I "tried" to release one from a leg hold trap..wrong move,I went home walking up the driveway and my Mom yelled out the door"take those cloths off in the garage".:tongue3:

Don't use the word hijack on a plane dude,here..have at it.:laughing7:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi WT; Thanks.I will. May God Bless You & Yours. PEACE:RONB

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All critters look cute when they are young, but are not all that cute and nice when they grow older. Just be careful.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope he continues to visit you and you guys become best buddies:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread