worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
We had a much needed rain last night so I couldn't mow today,went down to the swampy area to check my Elephant Ears,I put them in 5/20 and their growing good,I count 9 ears coming up.

DSCN3185.JPG

Getting closer to the water I startled this guy and he flew up with a good 10 inch fish in it's mouth,at the same time these guys started swimming away.

K1024_DSCN3180.JPG I didn't see where he flew so I took their pic,2 families that have been here since hatch.

I turned and spied him,he'd already gulped down breakfast,except for the algae.:laughing7:

K1024_DSCN3182.JPG

Walking further in I run into these beauties.

K1024_DSCN3190.JPG

I could see a flash of pink now and again through the hedge row,on the other side I find this..

K1024_DSCN3197.JPG

K1024_DSCN3192.JPG

K1024_DSCN3194.JPG

On the way out one of the locals says bye.:laughing7:

K1024_DSCN3198.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
What exactly is this "Meadows" you speak of? It looks more like some sort of park area.

In any case, I can certainly see why you like going there! Beautiful pics again! Thank you. :notworthy:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty place and great photos.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never get tired of eagle pics WT. What are those upside down yellow flowers?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
What exactly is this "Meadows" you speak of? It looks more like some sort of park area.

In any case, I can certainly see why you like going there! Beautiful pics again! Thank you. :notworthy:

It is an OLD farming area,now it is a turf farm.

0909i90i.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! That'd be like having your very own, totally private nature preserve/park! There's such a variety of wildlife AND flora - very, very beautiful!!

Take lots of pics now, then post them throughout the winter months. :laughing7:

There's a movie the wife and I like to watch now and again - The Mating Game, with Debbie Reynolds, Tony Randall and Paul Douglas. GREAT movie - they live not using money, but by bartering everything! Anyway, there's this one spot that they show in the movie where Debbie Reynolds says she likes to go. But that's just one little spot next to a lake (looks to be made on-set), but man, you've got the Meadows at your disposal. That's a treasure in itself!!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! That'd be like having your very own, totally private nature preserve/park! There's such a variety of wildlife AND flora - very, very beautiful!!

Take lots of pics now, then post them throughout the winter months. :laughing7:

There's a movie the wife and I like to watch now and again - The Mating Game, with Debbie Reynolds, Tony Randall and Paul Douglas. GREAT movie - they live not using money, but by bartering everything! Anyway, there's this one spot that they show in the movie where Debbie Reynolds says she likes to go. But that's just one little spot next to a lake (looks to be made on-set), but man, you've got the Meadows at your disposal. That's a treasure in itself!!

It's a good area for MDin,found silver AND gold in those fields,Carmine is plowing up about 20 acres,now stuff out of range will be closer to the surface.I see a deer mowing today,no pic.Wildlife galore down there.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
AWESOME! You found it! :notworthy:

Near the bottom of that page it has this:
Only two lily species are native to Minnesota: L. michiganense, Michigan Lily; and L. philadelphicum, Wood Lily.

If you click on the link for http://www.friendsofeloisebutler.org/pages/plants/turkscaplily.html you'll see what we have growing around here. Wife and I just took a drive in the backwoods recently - got a few pics. Sometimes ours are solid, sometimes speckled - sometimes orange, sometimes red/orange.

That's cool. Had never known what they were called before. Thanks Chris.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions