tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got on the road early this morning and drove from the front range all the way to the far western edge of the state to Dove Creek, Colo. I didn't spend a lot of time for pictures, but here are a few of what you'd see along the high country roads of Colorado in the summer. A lot of camp trailers I saw this trip. I'm thinking I should maybe sell RV's ?

Attachments

• 070516 1.jpg
    070516 1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 070516 2.jpg
    070516 2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 070516 3.jpg
    070516 3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
  • 070516 4.jpg
    070516 4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 56

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty summertime country. I had one winter in deep snow, and that was enough for me. Great pictures.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
There goes another one, right out of the ball park! Wow, that's a beautiful area!!

That purple flower looks strikingly like the purple blooms on clover. Does clover grow that high up?

Is amazing to get pics with the water that still. That NEVER happens here....unless the water is frozen solid! :tongue3:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it is a type of clover, but it was below the timberline. There are tiny flowers that grow in the tundra above the timberline. Even the common dandelion's will grow above the timberline.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty summertime country. I had one winter in deep snow, and that was enough for me. Great pictures.
By the end of next month I've seen some of the aspen tree's begin to lighten up and the nights get pretty cool. Very short summer this high. I've been over this pass, maybe a week before they stop pushing the snow on it and close it down for the season. It's a shortcut for me in when it's open. I was able to visit the town of Ouray and then head all the way over to the SW corner of the state all the way from the Denver area in a day.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those mountain scenes are very beautiful:icon_thumright:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a well used trail, second picture, down there behind the car. Wonder where it goes?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a well used trail, second picture, down there behind the car. Wonder where it goes?
That's Cottonwood pass that goes from Buena Vista east side to Almont Colorado on the west. This time of year it's very well traveled. Folks are dragging full length camp trailers over it. It was very busy this day. It's paved from the east side to the top and hard pack dirt all the way down the west side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread