d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fossis, I forgot... Chufa is a type nut grass. They produce nuts under the ground sorta like peanuts and turkeys and hogs love 'em...d2

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
d2 said:
Fossis, I forgot... Chufa is a type nut grass. They produce nuts under the ground sorta like peanuts and turkeys and hogs love 'em...d2

Thanks d2,
We {my buddy & I}, got a couple dogs recently from
a woman who had {Way too many}, ;D, we thought they were
beagles, but they are running Walkers.
I called my buddy last night in AR, & he said you missed it,
they {the dogs}, had their first race, & asked what it was, &
he said "hogs", but he didn't have a gun with him.
We should have lots of fun this fall.

Fossis.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know y'all will...d2

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wonder why I pack a gun when I head for the woods. Strange critters living there & I don't want to meet them.

;) RR

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I not only want to meet wild animals in the woods-- I want to invite em to DINNER---

to me PETA stands for---People Eating Tasty Animals---- Ivan

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Next time your in there, put a cigarett between its teeth and a pair of sunglasses on em

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
Next time your in there, put a cigarett between its teeth and a pair of sunglasses on em

I think he was probably embaressed enough
having his head on the wall, while folks were eating
"sausage & eggs". :P

Fossis............

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a friend who lives in the everglades....Now those people are crazy! they hunt by moonlight with dogs running like bigfoots chasing pigs in the swamp! And yes they are dangerous! He told me when a pig attacks one of the dogs they actually carry staple guns with stainless steel staples to "stitch" the dogs back up! But, Nothing and I mean nothing tops the spooky chart of wild animals list than a mountain lion or Moose!~

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H staff said:
I have a friend who lives in the everglades....Now those people are crazy! they hunt by moonlight with dogs running like bigfoots chasing pigs in the swamp! And yes they are dangerous! He told me when a pig attacks one of the dogs they actually carry staple guns with stainless steel staples to "stitch" the dogs back up! But, Nothing and I mean nothing tops the spooky chart of wild animals list than a mountain lion or Moose!~
They 'do like their sport', I know a lady that was cut with a hog's tusks while riding a horse.
They are spreading rapidly across the country, rooting up fields & hay meadows, causing much damage.

Fossis................

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
fossis said:
4-H staff said:
They 'do like their sport', I know a lady that was cut with a hog's tusks while riding a horse.
They are spreading rapidly across the country, rooting up fields & hay meadows, causing much damage.

Fossis................
Trying to clean them up for ya.

Attachments

• hogsdupuis.JPG
    hogsdupuis.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 689

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
They are very tasty, I was surprised. I thought it would have a gamey taste. But it was a young one. Ok, we have feral pigs becoming an incredible nusiance, destroying precious ecosystems, and we have starving people in the world. In this country too. WHY can't one bad situation remedy, or at least help a another bad situation? This one really seems like a no-brainer. Yeah yeah, red-tape and lack of funds. How about a little American ingenuity? Landowners want them eradicated, people need to eat. Can't we come up with some way of processing them and get them where the food needs to go?

ng

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
naturegirl said:
They are very tasty, I was surprised. I thought it would have a gamey taste. But it was a young one. Ok, we have feral pigs becoming an incredible nusiance, destroying precious ecosystems, and we have starving people in the world. In this country too. WHY can't one bad situation remedy, or at least help a another bad situation? This one really seems like a no-brainer. Yeah yeah, red-tape and lack of funds. How about a little American ingenuity? Landowners want them eradicated, people need to eat. Can't we come up with some way of processing them and get them where the food needs to go?

ng
Ship them a pregnant sow.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bearbqd said:
From what I've read in hunting magazines, you can't just pack any old gun and expect to take one of these down. They say they are one of the most tenacious critters out there. People have shot them through the heart and lungs and they still kept coming. They were dead and didn't even know it, lol. Have you guys that have hunted these things found that to be true? Very tough animal to kill?
Have harvested them outside of Watonga,Ok. A 7mm well placed will take one down to the head or shoulder. Blow out the shoulder and the bone splinters explode the heart.....They do tear up the land and travel in large packs from farm to farm. They are ok to eat better though when caught in cages and re- fed before harvesting.
Thanks for the pic.
TnMountains

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
fossis said:
4-H staff said:

Fossis................
Trying to clean them up for ya.

And a 'fine job' you're doing too. :thumbsup:

Fossis................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions