🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
steve71 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
They are fun to hunt. You will only see them in the early morning and at dusk. Ive killed too many to count in the South Florida swamps, farms and cattle ranches. They are hard to exterminate once they start breeding. They learn fast and will not eat just anything so it is hard to poison them. They can be caught with traps. The Florida panther also loves to eat them. The biologists here are trying to expand the panthers range to keep them from extinction and I believe Arkansas is on the list of possible locations. Oh BTW I eat the meat of anything I kill, of course. :)
i see them in the daytime also as i'm looking for artifacts.i think they will eat just about everything.i seen one eat the chit as it was falling out of one of the other hogs,lol. poisioning them?wouldnt that be dangerous on other animals that might eat the poision?i'm not trying to give you a hard time or make you mad.just shooting the bull.i known of ranchers telling hunters to gut shoot them all so they can run off and die.
Absolutely no problem lol. 8) Why would I get mad? ;D

The best time to see hogs active would be at dawn or dusk but you can jump them at anytime of day.

I really dont know the best way to poison them without harming other animals. All I can say is that the National Park Service has tried different methods without success in an attempt to erradicate the wild hogs from the Big Cypress National Preserve. I have found baited traps. Poison has been rumored to have been used but may be only a rumor. They would be very hard to poison because they learn fast was what I meant. It appears that they are now successful in the erradication because no hogs were harvested last year at my check station. I dont know what methods were used. BTW all the racoons are also gone.
I say get them on the Barbie :laughing9:

Attachments

• pig_1.jpg
    pig_1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 143
OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they don't expand the range of the (Florida cats) to Arkansas, we have enough of our own here, plus we have Black cats, (the ones that are not supposed to exist).

Fossis...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread