Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was unbearably humid, but I went out in the morning to the Wetlands and Riverlands. I finally got a pic of the Green Heron that I feel ok posting. Not great but I have been trying for a bit now to get another pic. It keeps slipping away??? I think the plant might be some type of thistle in 2 different stages. If anyone knows, please enlighten me:notworthy:
K1600_IMG_9623.JPG K1600_IMG_9556.JPG K1600_IMG_9865.JPG K1600_IMG_9690.JPG K1600_IMG_9760.JPG

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
All I ever get are swallows flying around the tractor catching bugs,no shots of course.

GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're some swallows the land on a barb wire fence in the field sometimes, but I've been unsuccessful at getting a good shot of them. Yours is particularly nice. Well done :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I ever get are swallows flying around the tractor catching bugs,no shots of course.

GOD Bless

Chris
Well Sir, this one appeared to be panting in the heat and let me walk up to about 6 ft of it. It is sitting on a nesting box that has some very young little babies in it!
Nice ones as usual!...The plant is Teasel Weed.
Teasel Weed? Thank you for identifying that. I have never heard of it. They dry very nicely and would probably make a good addition to a flower arrangement if one was into that sort of thing:laughing7:
They're some swallows the land on a barb wire fence in the field sometimes, but I've been unsuccessful at getting a good shot of them. Yours is particularly nice. Well done :thumbsup:
These are normally not so cooperative either. They have a lot of nesting boxes in the park and usually you see them with their heads poking out just watching things.
IMO, Tree swallow, by name.
Don...
You are right Don. They are indeed Tree Swallows. I really like their bright blue with the black mask across the eyes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions