The Space Shuttle? Yes, Really

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you can call this a find. The Space Shuttle stopped at Offutt Air Force Base here in Bellevue, Nebraska for a refueling stop on it's way back to Kennedy Space Center from Edwards Air Force Base. I believe it normally stops in Houston, but weather must have been too bad down there. Anyway, since I'm in the military, the wife and I grabbed our camera and drove down to the base to get some photos of it sitting on top of it's ride (modified 747). Pretty cool for me, as I have not seen the shuttle in person (so to speak). It's staying over until tomorrow. I wish I had the day off to go see it take off. That's got to be a sight as well.

I did do some detecting this weekend, but those finds pale in comparison to this. I will post them later.

HH

Attachments

• Space Shuttle 004 small.jpg
    Space Shuttle 004 small.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 388
  • Space Shuttle 005 small.jpg
    Space Shuttle 005 small.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 386
  • Space Shuttle 009 small.jpg
    Space Shuttle 009 small.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 394
  • Space Shuttle 010 small.jpg
    Space Shuttle 010 small.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 383

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is neat...d2

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey Neal. I work for NASA as an electrical engineer. I have designed/tested experiments that flew on the shuttle but I have never seen it in person. I have seen a bunch of other rocket launches. Those were cool.

Bob

OP
OP
nealb

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage, those launches must be pretty cool. I want to be able to see a launch live someday. Doesn't matter whether it's the shuttle or a rocket. I think they are impressive on TV, can't imagine seeing them in person.

JMon

Jul 3, 2007
Yeah, it is INCREDIBLE to see. They stopped here at Fort Campbell, KY to refuel, too. However, I didn't get any pictures. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread