• 7-19i.jpg
    7-19i.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 56

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome images. Love driving out to that part of the state. The family was just out there about 3 weeks ago to get away from this heat wave in the east.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could look at views you photograph all day.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take that Chevy of yours up Cottonwood in October. Pretty peaceful up there then.

Attachments

• cottonwood oct 15 13.jpg
    cottonwood oct 15 13.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pic I wanted to get and couldn't tr was about 3 miles east of Taylor a big painted up school bus had rolled off the road. Not even really high up. A state trooper and deputy were on the scene waitin for a wrecker and directing traffic on through, and no place to pull off. Looked like the Partridge family was on vacation and let Bonaduce drive.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pic I wanted to get and couldn't tr was about 3 miles east of Taylor a big painted up school bus had rolled off the road. Not even really high up. A state trooper and deputy were on the scene waitin for a wrecker and directing traffic on through, and no place to pull off. Looked like the Partridge family was on vacation and let Bonaduce drive.
I went by a fella who's long camper fell off the edge and pulled him down a gully. All kinds of folks were there pulling him out the window of his truck. He was OK, but his entire new Chevy truck pulling a 30 footer was a wreck. Frick'n people drive in the middle of the road in the busy season, making me ride the edge. It's getting to be a lot of traffic up there anymore. Won't be long before things start thinning out though. :thumbsup:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! Gorgeous Place and PICS!! Hope to get back up there one day!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna be up in BV first week of Aug and have a Jeep rental one day. Been all around Ouray / Silverton / Tellouride but haven't off roaded in the BV area. Suggestions on where to go for the day?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Jason's from Oklahoma like me and we were always kinda like 'Well looky there, there's a road I ain't seen before. I believe I'll drive up there and take a look'. Good guide for lookin around. Too many places to mention really down there, and I'm sure the rental company will have some recommendations, but since you're in BV take off west towards Cottonwood Pass. Just take a road and run up it if there ain't no sign sayin keep out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and to get serious, after running down to the area today, I think you might like going down to St. Elmo and taking Tin Cup Pass road. Very popular jeep and ATV road, and not serious difficult. If you just want to wander around and not really go anywhere in particular go up north of BV to the Fourmile Travel Management Recreation Area. Favorite place with a lot of the locals. If you want serious difficult and turn that vacation into a job, head up towards Minturn and go towards Homestake. Couple of off road areas up in there, make sure you have a working winch and a chainsaw might come in handy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread