Desert Flowers

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
By mid July when we were over there, the flowers were mostly gone. The lupine was almost all gone to seed, but there were a few left.
lupine2.jpg
I don't know what these are, but they are kinda/sorta lupine looking, but more of a bush.
lupine.jpg
lupine1.jpg
At a slightly lower elevation there was still some Indian Paint Brush.
Paint bush2.jpg
Paint bush.jpg
Paint bush1.jpg
And there was this flower. I have no idea what it is called. Kind of pretty though.
flower1.jpg
flower2.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
In those last two pics, that flower looks too dainty to handle that much heat. Guess it's a hardy li'l plant!

Sure does look dry there. We're near-flooding here so much that I'm sick to death of water, but that looks REALLY, REALLY dry there!! TOO DANG HOT.gif

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that last flower is a Sagebrush Mariposa Lily.
Jim

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wildflowers are some of the prettiest of all. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
In those last two pics, that flower looks too dainty to handle that much heat. Guess it's a hardy li'l plant!

Sure does look dry there. We're near-flooding here so much that I'm sick to death of water, but that looks REALLY, REALLY dry there!! View attachment 1340172

It's gotta be a tough flower the dry rock pile it was growing in.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Desert is such an ugly word with such negative connotations(no offense Arizona). Here, we prefer the term "hydrologicaly challenged". So much nicer when people know there is water available again after four years of waiting, hoping and praying. OMG, I recognize all those flowers. Crap, guess the drought ain't over yet.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Desert is such an ugly word with such negative connotations(no offense Arizona). Here, we prefer the term "hydrologicaly challenged".

WHAT?!?!?!?!? ...And here all this time I thought you were a real Texan! :laughing7:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photo's! :thumbsup:

Enjoyed looking at your pictures, we have the same flowers here. The lupines are usually at a higher elevation (7000 ft and higher) and the lilies are usually a bit lower.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread