worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I arose at 4:00 this morning,after yesterday I wanted to get to the Meadows before sunup,I parked out in the middle of the field and waited for some action,all that was happening was ground fog..

K1600_DSCN3974.JPG

Well..as I was looking around I spotted this out at the edge of the swamp..

K1600_DSCN3970.JPG

K1600_DSCN3971.JPG

Carmine told me last week He spied what looked like a big cat,I guess so!I don't know if I'll ever see it again,rest assured I'll be going back EARLY mornings a lot.

I was hoping to catch the Eagle young to be feeding again,this one landed on a high perch..

K1600_DSCN3995.JPG

K1600_DSCN3993.JPG

Wasn't long the sun came up..

K1600_DSCN3999.JPG

I wondered where the other one was and this guy took off..

K1600_DSCN4015.JPG

K1600_DSCN4014.JPG

Well..lo and behold it landed next to the other one..

DSCN4047.JPG

I so much enjoyed in the dead quiet it's screech for food..

K1600_DSCN4048.JPG

K1600_DSCN4050.JPG

I had to get back for the Wife to use the truck,never did see a parent bring food to them,maybe next time.

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Great captures as usual Chris! I used to trap bob cats, and there are a lot of them around, but it's a rare thing to actually see one in the wild. In all the years I've spent in the outdoors, I've only seen five or six.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great captures as usual Chris! I used to trap bob cats, and there are a lot of them around, but it's a rare thing to actually see one in the wild. In all the years I've spent in the outdoors, I've only seen five or six.

This is the first one I have ever seen (heard em scream before). There is a LOT of food and a LOT of woods/swampy area for them(gotta be a mate around somewhere). :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool bobcat pics. If you come across one, they will avoid you, but they always stop a little ways off and turn around and watch you, much like the first pic you got. They think they're invisible, and they just about are. Take care, cause I still remember a guy who had a whopping 40 stitches in his arm where a bobcat clawed him.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chris; You think that's Wild Life ?? You should see the people around here.!!! :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing7: Nice pics. PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chris; You thought that was crazy. You should see it now. They did a $14Billion BigDig to "improve" the roads here. What a disaster. Now it's just plain BEZERK.!!! :BangHead:They never even filled in the potholes.!!! They just built new roads and left the old ones to rot literally. Idiot Politicians for sure. Drive Safe. PEACE:RONB

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, you got to see something truly rare to see. Those are awesome! I would love to get pics of one. Congrats!:icon_thumright:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I "just now" found out that cougars have been seen in my area!! A guy that grew up in this house told me yesterday that he had seen one, but I didn't believe him. Well, stupid me!!

Minnesota DNR website says they're a protected species, and that even if your livestock or pets are being threatened by a cougar, it is still illegal to shoot one - that ONLY a licensed peace officer may take a cougar. ....REALLY?!?!? That's insane!

Great bobcat! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions