Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only time I have heard them be vocal is when they are chasing or being chased too.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hearing more hummingbirds around here recently and I will see them around the end of the summer more and more with in the last 4 or 5 years. I hung a feeder out today, to see if they'll go for it. Sure is a lot of them up in the high country though.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever heard them collide in mid air? You would think both of them would die from the impact!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a red ball cap that I wear outside when working (ACK! Forgive my cursing! :laughing9:). The hummingbirds love to fly up and almost poke their beak into my ears! Wife gets such a kick out of it. A couple of times, I seriously jumped from being so startled, but usually the sounds they make are just so unmistakable to me that I usually won't flinch.

Great pic. Scruffy little thing though, ain't it? :laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever heard them collide in mid air? You would think both of them would die from the impact!

Have seen many birds collide. Usually it's a smaller bird trying to chase away a crow or something, but have seen lots of same species that have collided.

Had a couple of Ruffed Grouse that have broken windows on the house while trying to fly inside. Another one flew right into the side of the house one time - no window anywhere around. Never had a clue what made that bird go suicidal, but he died instantly.

Lost a hummingbird one year when it tried flying through the window.

Sometimes I think someone needs to invent contact lenses for birds! :laughing7:

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy watching them around the feeder.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I have a red ball cap that I wear outside when working (ACK! Forgive my cursing! :laughing9:). The hummingbirds love to fly up and almost poke their beak into my ears! Wife gets such a kick out of it. A couple of times, I seriously jumped from being so startled, but usually the sounds they make are just so unmistakable to me that I usually won't flinch.

Great pic. Scruffy little thing though, ain't it? :laughing7:
:laughing7: I know what you mean. I was out in the woods wearing a red ball cap once years ago, when all of a sudden I had one zoom in and stare me in the face from about six inches away.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7: I know what you mean. I was out in the woods wearing a red ball cap once years ago, when all of a sudden I had one zoom in and stare me in the face from about six inches away.

I've had that happen more than once,weird they just hover looking right at you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions